Illness. [7]

Nagito seethed, sucking in air through his teeth as he felt the cold washcloth being placed on his forehead

Nagito seethed, sucking in air through his teeth as he felt the cold washcloth being placed on his forehead. Y/N furrowed her brows, paying close attention to every move he made.

Right now they were settled in his room, the boy snuggled underneath his covers. Beads of sweat ran down his face and body, his cheeks a pure tomato red. His eyes were squeezed tight and he let out an occasion moan or grunt every so often. He was in a lot of pain.

No one volunteered to bring him his work while he was out besides her or Chiaki, so Y/N went because she was a lot closer to Nagito than she was. However, she didn't think his cold would be so bad to the point where he could barely move or talk, and now she found herself stuck taking care of him.

"Poor Nagito..." She mumbled, swiping her thumb gently across his cheek.

She pulled out the work she brought for him and began filling in the answers. There was no way he would be able to complete it in his current state.

He slowly gathered up the strength to turn his face to her, despair filling his heart as he watched her do his work.

"N-No..."

Y/N snapped her eyes towards him. His words were barely audible, the tiniest whisper, but she still heard them clear as day.

"Hm? What was that?"

He let out a shaky breath before continuing. "You can't... be doing my work... t-that's only for... scum like me."

She sighed, setting the papers down on the nightstand next to his bed. She pulled her seat she sat on while she was working closer towards the edge of his bead, looking at his quivering form.

"You even have time to degrade yourself when you're practically on the verge of death? You're a strange boy, Nagito." She giggled, running her fingers through his fluffy locks. "But still, I'm doing this because I care about you and I want you to feel better. You're important to me." She said matter of factly.

He gazed up at her with half lidded eyes, a far off expression on his face. His cheeks seemed to grow even redder, causing her to remove the rag on his forehead and replace it with the back of her hand.

"Geez, you're even hotter than before! Here-" She pulled down the blanket from his neck to his stomach, hearing him let out a small sound of relief. "I'm gonna go get you a new rag, okay? Do you need anything else?" She asked, concern evident in her tone.

He weakly reached out to her, desperation shooting through his features. "P-Please be quick." He spoke softly to her.

She gently grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze, before sliding out of her chair. "Don't worry, I'll only be a minute or two."

She walked out of the room, her eyes adjusting to the darkness. She was surprised, to say the least. The time seemed to pass by so fast, she didn't realize how long she had been there.

She threw the old rag into a laundry basket and grabbed a new one from a closet, heading towards the bathroom to run it under cold water. She was swift, wanting to get back to Nagito as soon as possible.

Fast as lightning, she was back in his room. However, her eyes widened at the sight before her.

Nagito had gotten out of bed and was laying on the floor, his face pressed onto the carpet. He was shaking violently, his blanket wrapped tightly around his body.

"What the hell are you doing?!" She yelled in shocked, running over to his side. She set the rag down on the nightstand and got on her knees, pulling him up from his spot on the ground.

His knees were wobbly, as if he couldn't support his own body on his legs. He had his teeth clenched, gripping tightly onto her hoodie like she was gonna disappear within the blink of an eye. "I...I-"

Y/N cut him off by gently pushing him back onto the bed, laying him down so he was comfortable.

A frown was etched onto her lips, grabbing the washcloth and dabbing at his sweaty and flustered face with it.

"I promised you I was gonna be back, didn't I? You didn't have to get up, now you look even worse..." She said, letting the washcloth rest once again on his forehead.

"I made y-you mad, didn't I? T-The only person who cares about me... I truly do have the w-worst luck..." He said chuckling, although there was no humor behind what he said.

"You're so dramatic, you know that? Don't believe me, huh? How about this?" She leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek.

He let out a gasp, looking at her with a bewildered expression. His pupils dilated and his shaking only increased, tears forming in the corner of his eyes.

"What...?" His chuckling started up once again, and he began to tug on his hair, his knuckles  turning white due to his grip. The tears were now streaming down his cheeks in rivers, and it looked as if they weren't gonna stop anytime soon.

"W-What a s-sick joke, Y/N... Now you've d-dirtied your mouth. Do you not remember a t-thing I told you the other day? Huh? I-I warned you, but you still-!"

"Nagito! Calm the fuck down!"

He immediately shut up, his lips pressing into a thin line.

She sighed, looking anywhere but him. "Listen, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I truly do care about you for you to believe me. I'm not lying when I say that. Besides Ibuki you were one of my first friends here, and I don't know what I'd do without you..." She took a deep breath, her own eyes watering up. "B-But I'll tell you every single day until you believe me! I swear I will! So please..."She pleaded, taking ahold of his hand in hers and bringing it up to her lips. "Trust me."

He went quiet, his hair covering his eyes to hide his expression. His quivering toned down to a minimum, and his noises of pain stopped as if on command.

After a couple of minutes, she felt the hand she was holding slowly move up to cradle her face. She looked up, finding the boy gazing at her with a small and weak smile on his lips.

"C-Can you sing me a song, Y/N?" He asked, grabbing her wrist and trying to pull her closer.

"Oh god..." She mumbled, preparing herself for embarrassment. Hesitantly she obliged and scooted her seat closer to him, his grin so wide she was sure he was gonna blind her at any moment.

She began to softly sing a tune, her melodic voice ringing in his ears. He shut his eyes, sighing softly. He seemed as if he was finally relaxing.

She finished her song after a couple of minutes, glancing at him with an expectant look on her face before she noticed he was practically asleep.

"You really are... T-The Ultimate Siren..." He spoke. He paused for a moment, before nervously tapping his cheek.

Y/N smiled, happily leaning back in to kiss the spot he tapped once more. He laughed sheepishly in response, pulling his blanket back towards his neck as he allowed sleep to finally pull him into its grasp.

//AYOOO THIS RUSHED ASF !!!!