Doubts. [9]

There hadn't been a single day where Y/N thought about if she had made the right choice in going to Hope's Peak or not

There hadn't been a single day where Y/N thought about if she had made the right choice in going to Hope's Peak or not. Everyone was so eccentric, far different from her usual calm exterior and laid back attitude. Although she had been reassured many times by her peers that she fit in with everyone else, she couldn't help but have her doubts.

However, those thoughts slowly slipped away from her mind as she felt his cold hand being held in hers.

He was always cold. She was both surprised and disappointed in herself for not noticing sooner, but his body temperature was way lower than the average person's. But Nagito wasn't an average person.

She let out a yawn, temporarily letting go of his hand as her arms stretched over her head, an attempt to let the day's stress ease off her sore body. Her nose crunched slightly at the sensation, before her arms once again dropped to her side.

"Tired, huh?" The boy next to her said, a content smile on his face. She only nodded in response, too exhausted to give him a proper answer.

He hummed in agreement, a small yawn of his own escaping his lips, "It was a long day."

"Very," she said softly, slightly stumbling over her feet. Her hand reached out to his, their fingers finding each other once again.

Nagito's hand was shaky. Well, more so than usual. The past few days since their talk at the end of class, they had grown exponentially closer, faster than most people.

It scared him.

He hated that he loved that feeling more than anything else in the world.

He still truly felt that he was unworthy of love, and he doubted anything would ever change that. Plus, he was afraid that the person he loved would get hurt because of his lucky cycle. It terrified him to the point where was on the verge of falling to ground and screaming right in the middle of public. But he stopped himself, settling to grip Y/N's hand tighter instead.

"Ooh. Hey, hey, Nagito," Speaking of Y/N, he began to feel a hand repeatedly tug on his uniform blazer.

It pulled him out of his deep train of thought, causing him to jump a bit at the sudden touch. He gave her a look of confusion, sweatdropping at her childish nature, "Yes?"

She pointed over to a plushie claw machine by a small restaurant, her smile bright as day as she stared at the game with a hopeful glint in her eyes.

"Win me one!"

"Huh?"

"I want the frog!"

"Haha, hey, wait a second-"

"The pink frog."

The white haired boy could only chuckle to himself as his eyes trailed from her finger to the game she was pointing at, and he was able to spot the pink frog she was fangirling over, sitting perfectly on top of a variety of other frog plushes.

He couldn't say no to her smiling face, so he walked over to the claw machine, stopping in front of it. He pulled out his wallet, only to be stopped by an arm.

"Nah, I got this one since you're playing," she spoke confidently, pulling out her own wallet and handing him the amount he needed.

"Ah... you're too kind for words, Y/N," he said, placing the bill into the machine.

The girl watched from over his shoulder as he skillfully got the plush in almost no time at all, letting the claw plop it into the opening on the side. He reached through the door and pulled it out, holding it in front of her with slightly shaky hands.

"Here you go. I hope you like it," He said, his cheeks tinted pink as he mustered up his best smile for her.

She took it from his hands, hugging it to her chest, "Of course I like it! I picked it out, why wouldn't I?" She leaned up to give him a swift peck on the cheek, "Thank you."

His face grew redder at the small action, his face turning to match her gaze.

"Ha... You're welcome."

The wind blew through their air, whisking their strands as his eyes of fern bore into hers. He often daydreamed of their lips meeting in a passionate kiss, his arms wrapped securely around her waist with their chests touching, but he knew his place. He knew that if he listened more to his heart than his head in this situation, she could end up hurt, or worse case scenario, dead.

"Are you okay, Nagito?"

Her gentle voice broke him out of his depressing thoughts, her presence saving him yet again from his the things that went on in his head.

"Hm? Yeah, I'll be okay," He gave her a closed eyed smile, crossing his fingers that she'll believe him.

She raised her eyebrows, a look of disbelief on her face. He just stood in front of her, his eyes staring off to the side as a bead of sweat rolled down his jaw. His lopsided smile gave his true feelings away.

She let out a "tch," crossing her arms as she shook her head. "I'm not an idiot, Nagito. It's fine if you don't want to talk about it, but please don't lie to me." She said. "Anyways, we should probably get home now, don't you think?"

She turned around, beginning to venture her way down the sidewalk. The white haired boy just watched as she slowly left him behind, before he took a deep breath and sprinted after her.

She's getting farther,

"Y/N! Wait, I need to tell you something!" He yelled out desperately

and farther,

"Y/N!"

The singer in question stopped in her tracks, tilting her head, "C-Could you be any louder?!" She squealed in embarrassment as the passing people gave her lucky friend strange looks.

He gripped into her sweater with his fingers, letting out a gasp as he came to a stop.

"Y/N, I..." He paused, his eyes widening as he realized the weight on his shoulders slowly becoming heavier. He couldn't say it. He couldn't.

So he chose something lighter instead.

"Would you... like to accompany me on a date?"

//kinda filler kinda not lol my back hurts ty for almost 600 reads woop