Ibuki is adorable. [5]

One thing Y/N has noticed ever since the incident with Nagito at the coffee shop was how affectionate he was when he was comfortable around her

One thing Y/N has noticed ever since the incident with Nagito at the coffee shop was how affectionate he was when he was comfortable around her. He tried his best to hide his intentions, but she could easily tell whenever he wanted to hold her hand, or to hug, or to walk together.

He had been on her mind since that day. She wanted to hang out with him and get to know him better, she found him really interesting. It surprised her that he didn't have any friends.

She found herself chewing on the end of her nails, sighing at the beautiful purse displayed in the shop window. She could buy it if she wanted, but did she really need it?

Yes.

Hurriedly, she rushed her way into the store, grabbing the bag off the shelf. She grinned at it,  it velvety material soft again her fingertips.

"Aww! Ibuki was gonna buy that for you!"

She turned around to see Ibuki standing there with a bright smile on her face. The punk girl held her arms out, and Y/N ran over to her, wrapping her arms around her neck and snuggling her face into her shoulder.

"I missed you, Ibuki!"

"Haha, Ibuki missed you too!"

They both separated and Y/N held her new bag up, raising an eyebrow at Ibuki. "What do you mean you were gonna buy it for me?"

The other suddenly broke out into a flushed sweat, her cheeks reddening as she played with her fingers. "W-Well... don't be mad, okay? You see... Ibuki was kinda watching you from afar, and she saw you looking at the bag in the window! Ibuki wants to see you happy, but by the time she got over here you had already gotten the bag..." She explained herself, rubbing her nape.

"Aww, Ibuki..." Y/N smiled at her, gently grabbing her hand. "It's fine, don't worry about it. Hmm... if you really wanna buy me something, I've been craving boba all day?"

She furiously nodded up and down, her hair bouncing. "Yes! Ibuki will buy you anything if it makes you happy!"

Once again, she found herself being dragged like a rag doll by the overly energetic musician.

Y/N told Ibuki her order and waited for her while she went inside to get it. She sat down at a table, fairy lights strung overhead. She pulled out her phone and started playing a game. With the line being pretty long, she decided to just get comfortable while she waited.

Out of nowhere, two arms found their way around her neck. She let out a gasp and frantically tried to pull away from the strange person, but was cut off when she heard the person call her by her name.

"Y/N! Did I scare you...? It's me, Nagito."

The second the soft voice entered her ears she stopped freaking out, calming herself as she turned in her seat to face the man.

He had an extremely worried look on his face, his eyebrows furrowed and a frown on his features. He went to reach out to her, but hesitated before letting his hand drop down to his side.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd get so scared." He said, looking down at the ground. He looked very disappointed in himself.

She shook her head, letting out a sigh as she beckoned him over. "Well, Nagito, it's nighttime, and I'm a girl. Sitting by herself. Catch where I'm going with this?"

He sat down in the seat next to her, his eyes still focused on the ground. "You're right. I don't deserve your forgiveness." He said.

She reached over and ruffled his fluffy hair, something she hadn't done before. His curls between her fingers were so soft, and she slightly marveled at it.

"Don't worry about it, okay? Gah, your hair's adorable!"

"I'm lowlife scum. I don't deserve your kind words, Y/N..." Despite his contradicting statement, he leaned into her touch, a soft hum escaping his lips.

"Cut it out, you're way more than that." She smiled adoringly at him. He had this suspicious look in his eyes, but he didn't say anything else.

Much to his dismay, she took her hand away from him, putting her phone back into her pocket. She saw Ibuki run out of the building with two drinks, which she assumed was one for herself and for her.

"N-Nagito?!" She yelled in disbelief. "Aw, dang! If Ibuki had known he was here she would have gotten another drink!"

He put his hands up. "Aha, don't worry about me, please. I didn't know I was intruding." He stood up, dusting off his jacket before giving the two girls a wave. "Enjoy yourselves, alright?"

With that, he began to walk away.

"Wait, Nagito!"

Y/N grabbed ahold of his wrist before he could make it any farther. He stopped in his tracks, looking back at her with a clueless smile.

"Yes?"

For some reason, she suddenly grew very nervous.

"T-Text me later, okay...?"

He grabbed her hand that was on his wrist in his own two, gently reassuring her with a squeeze. "Of course I will."

//shorter chapter for today