Date! [10]

One twirl

One twirl. Then another. Then another.

The way her white dress moved around her knees as she twirled in the mirror made her feel pretty. She chose the most fluffiest and whitest dress she had in her closet because it reminded her of Nagito's hair. Now-a-days, everything reminded her of Nagito.

She made sure she styled her hair perfectly and the makeup on her face made her features pop in a way that would leave anyone with their jaw dropping. (if u dont wear makeup keep it to urself) She checked the time on her phone, noticing that soon enough she would be picked up by her friend. She was extremely nervous, hands shaking and sweating. She had never been on a date. Sure, she had crushes, but her manager never allowed her to date anybody.

But her manager wasn't here now. She can do whatever she wants.

Her phone vibrated in her hand, and soon after she heard a few honks outside. Usually they'd walk together, but Nagito insisted that they take a ride today, and he told her to dress fancy, too.

She grabbed her bag and said goodbye to her dog, before dashing out the front door hurriedly, excited to meet her date. She was so happy he finally asked her out on a date.

However, she definitely wasn't expecting to see a limousine painted her favorite color parked in her driveway, Nagito standing next to an open door with at the very least four bouquets of flowers and fruit in his arms.

"Hey, Y/N!" He shouted with a wave, his teeth glistening as he flashed her a bright grin. "Come on, get in!"

The girl stood in awe, mouth hung open and eyes wide. She couldn't believe what she was seeing.

She started to giggle, but soon enough that turned into a fit of boisterous laughter, doubling over with her arms holding her stomach.

He stood there in confusion, watching her almost choke herself with her own vocal chords. He started to smile at the sound of her happiness, his heart racing at her joyous reaction.

"Oh- Oh my gosh, Nagito! You're so funny and cute! I'm losing it, hold on-" She took in a deep breath, standing up straight to face him. "W-Why did you... paint it?"

He stuck his lip out in a pout, kicking at the ground with the toe of his shoe. "Aha, I wanted to be creative... Kazuichi keeps telling me I can be kinda boring sometimes," he explained, his smile remaining on his face

Y/N rolled her eyes, walking down her front steps. "Kazuichi needs to shut his mouth for once," she mumbled. Her pace quickened, and soon enough she found herself sinking into the boy's arms, her cheek resting against his chest.

He leaned down to press a kiss to the top of her head, his entire body relaxing as he felt her touch.

After a couple of moments, she decided to speak. "Hey, so um, where are we going exactly?" Her voice was muffled by the cloth of his dress shirt, causing him to chuckle and pull away despite not wanting to.

"You'll see."

•••

"Holy shit, you didn't have to do this."

For the third time that evening she was left in awe. The second time was when she walked into the limo to see rose petals scattered all on the floor like the scene of some shitty porno, and a personal chauffeur since Nagito didn't trust himself to drive any large vehicle. But now, she was standing in front of one of the most expensive restaurants in all of Tokyo, one that even she had never been to. Her grip on his hand tightened; she was intimidated by the tall building.

"Of course I did. Someone like you accepting someone like me out to a date, I had to go above and beyond to make sure it was enjoyable for you," he said, caressing her hand with his thumb. His white tufts flowed gently in the wind, and now it was her turn to stare.

She looked away, her heart thumping loudly in her chest. "I could've sworn I made it clear that I didn't want you talking about yourself like that..." She grumbled. "Anyways, let's go inside now. I'm hungry."

He nodded in agreement, his own heart beating in synch with hers. He wasn't good at lying, so his nervousness was pretty apparent. Surprise, surprise, he too had never been on a date before. Although he had probably more than a hundred crushes in his life, exclusively on celebrities and whatnot, he could never ask them out, not like he would've if he had the opportunity to anyway.

"I made a reservation," he said, beads of sweat trailing down his jaw.

"Isn't that standard for restaurants like these?" She teased, elbowing his side to try and put him at ease. Thankfully it seemed to work, because the smile was put back onto his face. They walked inside and were lead to their table, a booth with black leathered seats and a glass table, two menus already placed perfectly directly in the middle.

She slid into her seat, watching as the person that lead them lit a candle that was off to the side, before taking a bow and leaving. She opened her menu, scanning through it over and over.

"There's no chicken tenders in here..." She observed, frowning.

The white haired boy let out a chuckle, tilting his head. "Picky eater, huh?"

She nodded, sinking back into her seat in embarrassment. Even though she was pretty loaded, she preferred the nuggets at a certain fast food establishment that shall not be named over fancy shrimp any day.

"Haha, don't worry about it. I come here often so I can choose for you if you want."

"O-Often?!"

"But I don't know if you'll like it, since it's chosen by me after all..."

"Good lord."

The night was filled with happy chitchat, the uneasiness she felt in her chest at the beginning swiftly fading away as they basked in each other's company. She always felt comfortable around Nagito, but tonight was something different. She couldn't stop herself from staring at him, she never thought he could clean up as nicely as he did.

The boy felt the same, his eyes hardly wondering off of her for a second. He always thought she looked pretty, and he loved the way the dress hugged her body. However, he was still extremely nervous.

Nagito was going to confess one of his biggest secrets, one he'd been hiding from her since the beginning. He was surprised himself that he could keep it in this long, seeing as he was infamous for oversharing, but he knew he would have to tell her one day.

It was now or never.

"Hey, Y/N?"

She looked up from her plate, her mouth stuffed with food. He took a deep breath, reaching his arm across the table to lay his hand on top of hers.

"I have something serious to tell you."

//ummm if i made kokichi x reader royal au would anyone read it i have kokichi and royal aus on the mind pls