Final Part- Walpurgisnacht

Sayaka and Madoka shivered, clutching one anothers' hands tighter. They had followed the three Puella Magi at a distance, and as though in a dream entered into a twisting hallway with a black-and-white checkerboard patterned floor. They saw, far up a flight of stairs, the three enter a door.

Madoka looked very nervous, and glanced to her blue-haired friend.

"I ... are you .. sure this is a good idea?"

"No," Sayaka admitted, "but I ... I can't stay away. I ... I have to be here. To make sure Kyouko is okay. I ... don't you feel the same way for Homura-chan?"

"Yeah. But ... I'm scared, too."

Sayaka grinned slightly.

"It'll be okay. We've got Mami, Kyouko, and Homura all looking out for us."

Madoka nodded, smiling thinly. They followed, running up the stairs, then went through the door.

To find themselves coming out in what seemed to be a reproduction of Mitakihara Town ... but in ruins. They were in a ground-level parking lot that had been built tucked in underneath the overhanging building. It was some measure of shelter, and appeared stable.

"Girls? What are you doing here?"

The blond Puella Magi jogged over to them. Apparently they were not entirely hidden.

"This is dangerous. A witch's barrier is no place for a normal person, and Walpurgisnacht is no ordinary witch."

"But ... we couldn't stay away," insisted Sayaka.

"Please ... don't tell Homura or Kyouko-chan that we're here," added Madoka.

She frowned.

"Okay. I suppose. But stay here, you will be safe."

"Mami!" Homura shouted.

Mami hesitated one moment, glancing at the two girls to be sure they were safe, before turning. She gasped as a wave of force impacted her. She made a feeble effort to dodge to one side, to form a musket to counter Walpurgisnacht's dangerous attack. But it was too late. Madoka and Sayaka watched in utter horror as Mami fell to her knees with a disturbingly liquid gurgling sound, and with a spray of gore her torso fell forward, while her legs folded back onto themselves, becoming a disturbing pile of yellow skirt, boots, and innards.

Madoka fell to her hands and knees, retching. Sayaka was unable to tear her gaze from Mami's remains. The air before them rippled, and abruptly the air pressure seemed to drop. They felt Walpurgisnacht's presence rushing away from them, and either horribly or mercifully the parts that had once been Mami were carried away by it.

Sayaka blinked, and was about to turn back to Madoka, when suddenly she heard an all-too familiar voice cry out. She screamed in horror as she saw Kyouko flung backwards in the air, impacting a building hard enough to crack its surface. She slid slowly down to the ground, a trail of blood behind her. She reached the bottom, slumped over, and lay very still.

Unthinking, more terrified of the implications than of being harmed, she ran. Ran out into the open, toward where Kyouko lay, a pool of blood spreading out beneath her.

She heard Homura shout something, but didn't care. Kyouko was ... was she dead? If so Sayaka didn't care what happened to her. She would not leave Kyouko, and was more terrified of losing her than of dying herself.

She dropped to her knees, her legs, stockings, and the hem of her skirt becoming red with blood.

"Ky .. Kyouko. God .. Kyouko ... don't ... don't leave me. Oh God ... don't leave me!"