Part 1- Introduction

Sakura Kyouko took a bite of her Taiyaki. She didn't bother to turn around. This was her territory, and she wasn't worried. This wouldn't be the first time some newbie decided to take her turf, and wouldn't be the last. Most likely this one knew just enough to stay away from Mitakihara Town which had been firmly in Mami's control. Mami had a reputation of being nice, even sweet, but only a very few had tried to cross her, and those that did lived to regret it.

"I'm not here to try to take your territory."

A chill ran down Kyouko's spine. That voice ...

She turned, hastily chewing and swallowing her food.

"Yeah? Smart. Why are you here then?"

"We need to talk."

Kyouko took another bite, and watched as the speaker stepped out of the shadows. She had long, dark hair, purple eyes, and a neutral expression on her face. She wore a Puella Magi uniform, grey-violet and black, that enhanced her air of seriousness.

Kyouko finished chewing, and grinned.

"So talk, already."

"Not here. Come with me."

"Why not here? We won't be interrupted after all."

"Like you weren't?"

Kyouko scowled.

"Please," the dark-haired stranger repeated in the same level voice, "just follow me."

The red-head looked the stranger over once more with a critical eye. She wasn't a newbie, that was for sure. Something about her seemed ... familiar somehow. She shrugged the feeling off.

"Why the hell not .. since you asked so nice and all."

The other girl nodded, and motioned for Kyouko to follow. She knew very quickly where this stranger was leading her, and she realized that this could well be some kind of trap.

"Isn't this Mami's territory you're leading me to?"

The other girl glanced back but said nothing. Kyouko grinned, her little fangs visible.

"Normally I like dark, silent and mysterious, so don't get me wrong here ... but I don't trust you ... you're planning something."

"Akemi Homura."

"Huh?"

"My name."

"Oh. Sa ..."

"Sakura Kyouko. I know."

Kyouko shivered.

"So we've met before? When? I don't remember you. Wait, you must've been one of dad's ..."

"No. We've ... not really met before. I'll explain everything soon."

"Right."

In other words, shut up.
_________________________________

"A park?"

Homura didn't reply. She continued to walk, followed by a bemused Kyouko. It was very green, and there were many benches under the shade of trees to sit in comfort as the soothingly cool breeze blew. But it was hardly an ideal location to discuss important matters. There were ... people. Quite a few of them. Kyouko frowned.

Then she saw three girls that were around the same age as herself and Homura. They waved in their direction, and Kyouko understood why Homura had changed out from her Magical Girl outfit and requested Kyouko do the same (which she had done, reluctantly).

"Akemi-san! It's nice to see you today!"

She was cute, Kyouko reflected. She had pink hair tied up into two short tails by pretty pink ribbons, lovely eyes, smooth skin that looked quite soft, and touchable. She had an open, accepting smile and turned this without hesitation on Kyouko, though they hadn't met before.