6| mind

Amara's pov

Amara's pov

Once i got home it was like 8p.m.

"Hey! Dinner is in the fridge if you haven't eaten yet." Crystal, my big sister informed me as i made my way inside.

I dropped my bag onto the ground and plopped onto the couch.

"You okay?" She looked up from her work to look at me.

"I just went on a date with Benny and we just found out that Benny gets to work with the new girl in town. And shes really pretty." i immediately started venting.

She was like my therapist. I always told her she should be one but she's already trying to pursue her dreams as a lawyer.

I always tell her about my boy problems which is basically Benny problems. She's the only one that knows that i like him and that he likes me.

I don't even bother in telling anyone else my secrets because i know they wouldn't take me serious.

"Okay but he was on a date with you, Mar. Stop making yourself sad about it. He likes you."

"We didn't even kiss. Dont you usually kiss on your first date?"

"I mean... it all depends on-"

"He gave me a quick hug then ran to his house."

"Maybe he got nervous."

"Nooooo... it was one of those hugs where they are just quickly saying goodbye nonchalantly. He didnt seem nervous or anything. He was acting like the same old Benny. The one who only thinks of me as a friend."

"Okay you're overthinking. Go use that brain to do your homework and go to sleep." She let out a laugh as she shook her head.

"I have a headache." i mutter to myself as i grab my bag and make my way to the staircase.

I practically dragged myself up the steps and all the way to my room.

I was grateful to have my own.

When my parents still lived here we had to share rooms and i was stuck with the twins.

But now that they arent in the picture, Crystal has their room. I have Carter's room. And now the twins each have their own rooms. While Carter lives in our basement, making it his own room. Thank you Grandma Lori and Grandpa George for the house.

I completely redesigned Carter's former room.

The walls are a pastel yellow and have small paintings along the walls. Majority are flowers and butterflies.

I love to draw and paint in my free time so i figured this is how i do it. Using the walls of my room to display my mediocre paintings of nature.

I pull out the notebooks and folders from my bag and plop them on the bed.

Thankfully the homework was light so i could take a quick shower and hop into bed.

That night i dreamt of a different version of how my little date went with Benny should've went.

—sweeteasaint