8| what lies ahead

Amara's pov

Amara's pov

Benny's house

"So y= 30 right?" Benny questioned me as i zoned out.

I was too busy over thinking everything. If Florence got with Benny then not only did i lose my lifelong crush, but my best friend too.

I mean yeah we'd be friends still but boyfriends and girlfriends are each other's best friend right? I don't know.... i need to stop thinking about it.

"Yeah y= 30." i agreed.

Benny let out a chuckle as he just shook his head at me.

"What?" i furrows my eyebrows at him.

"I'm doing history homework." he laughed.

"Oh." i froze.

"What's wrong? Ever since we got here you've been so quiet?" he say up from his bed and stared at me, concerned.

"Nothing... just tired." Tired of being just a friend.

"Tired? Do you want me to take you home?"

"No." i shook my head. I don't feel like dealing with Ella and Finley. Pain in my ass.

"Are you sure?"

"Benny what are we?" i blurted out.

"What?" his eyes grew wide.

"You say you like me... and you take me on a date... and i just don't know what we are..." i shrugged.

"I do like you... a lot. You know that."

"But not enough to get into a relationship?" i bit my lip.

He let out a sigh.

"It's hard to make a decision. I want to be with you... but if we were to break up that would ruin everything we have. I don't want to lose you... but i want to be with you. It's hard."

"So you think it's best if we just stay friends?" i could feel my heart breaking every second.

"I want you in my life forever, Mar." he said softly. "I don't want you to be an ex I reminisce about."

"Maybe you're right... it's probably better that way." i nodded slowly. "I love you too much to lose you."

"I love you too." he placed his hand on mine.