13| replacement

Amara's povTuesday

Amara's pov
Tuesday

Amara's povTuesday

"Hey." Squints and Alan walked over to me.

"Hi!" i slammed my locker shut.

"Woah.... someone's mad." Squints muttered to Alan.

"Mhm."

"Have any of you guys seen Benny?" I questioned.

"No... why?" Squints smirked at me.

"I'm mad at him."

"Why ask then?" Alan put his arm around me.

it was crazy how he had a growth spurt once we finished middle school. I remember being taller than this fool.

"Mar being mad at Benny is really hard for me to believe." Squints laughed.

"Well i am." i crossed my arms.

"Well what did he do?"

"I don't know. I went to the diner with a few of my coworkers and he was just being weird."

"You were hanging out with people that weren't us?" They looked offended.

"Guys that's besides the point." i rolled my eyes at the two as we walked our way towards Scotty who was at his locker.

"Hey." I looked over at Scotty.

"Hey guys." He smiled at the three of us.

"Mar is mad at B- Oh hi benny!" Squints immediately changed the subject.

"Hey." he didn't acknowledge my presence.

"So are we still breaking into the community pool on friday?" Scotty questioned as all the boys nodded their heads.

"Florence is going by the way." Benny mentioned.

"Oh we can invite people? Cool because i wanted to invite Connor and Julia." i smiled over at Benny. Now he was finally looking at me.

"Cool. Lets invite more people so we can get caught faster," Scotty said sarcastically. The stress on his face was hard to not take note of. Everything illegal we do, Scotty is the first to get scared to do it.

"We'll be fine Smalls," Benny rolled his eyes.

"I didn't know you and Florence were so close." Yeah Yeah mentioned. That's when i remembered he told me he kind of took interest in her.

"Yeah. She makes work less boring." Benny shrugged while eyeing me.

Once i saw Julia i immediately made my way towards her. "See you guys!" i wave before walking off.

I was upset. Maybe being around the guys isn't the best right now, because i'm very close to going off on Benny and i don't want the guys in the middle of it.

"Hey girl. What's with the face?" she teased.

"Come with me! I need to vent." i grabbed her arm and dragged her outside.

"Where are we going?" she groaned in annoyance as we ended up in the bleachers of the baseball field.

"Okay this better be good." she huffed as we sat at the top row.

"You know my group of friends right?" i questioned her as she nodded.

"Yeah. The Sandlot boys."

"Okay well... do you know Benny Rodriguez?"

"Girl, you do realize the entire school knows who he is?" she shook her head at me. "Let me guess you guys like each other but don't want to date?"

"How did you know?" i was taken aback.

"I've always assumed you guys were dating. Then Scotty told me that you guys are just super close. But there's no way you two could just be friends. You two look at each other like nobody else exists."

"Okay well.... the thing is... i wanna be his girlfriend.. and i'm sure he wants the same thing too. But he is too afraid to ruin the friendship. So he said it wasn't good for us to date.... like ever. But now that new chick Florence is his new coworker and they are like super close. I'm afraid that Benny likes her now." I didn't even realize i was venting until i felt Julia wipe my tears with the sleeve of her shirt.

"Mar don't cry." she pouted.

"It just sucks, Julia." i let out a sigh. "I don't want to see him with Florence. He's already treating me different. I can just feel myself getting replaced."

"Or maybeeee he's treating you different because he's jealous of Connor." we both jerked our heads towards Scotty who took a seat in the row in front of us.

"He is? But he knows i don't like him." i raised my brows in confusion.

"He was at my house for 2 hours ranting about it. He thinks your replacing him with Connor."

"How?" I shouted.

"Uhhh because of your little dinner date at the diner. That's your guys' thing." he crossed his arms. "I think you and Benny just need to talk it out."

"It wasn't a date if Julia and another coworker was there." I stood up once the school bell went off.

"He doesn't know that," Julia argued as we walked back inside the school building.

I needed to get to class.

"Bye guys!" Scotty rushed off to class. Of course he's running.

"I better go." i have my chance to talk to Benny in class.

"Wait. Before you go..... please go fix your makeup. You kinda cried off some of your mascara."

"Okay." i let out a sigh as i headed for the bathroom.

—sweeteasaint