7| attention

amara's povnext day

amara's pov
next day

"Hey!" i heard my name get called out through the crowd of students in the halls

I turned to see Alan. Which caught me by surprise because he never really talks to me unless he wants something.

"Hey Yeah Yeah! What's up?" i glance at him as we start walking together. He followed me all the way to my locker and just rambled on and on while i gathered my belongings.

"So i need your help!" he leaned against the lockers besides mine.

"Of course you do." i smiled to myself. I know him too well.

"So you've met the new girl Florence right?" he licked his lips as he watched her walk by us.

"Yeah. Why?" i shut my locker and hold my binder close to my chest.

"I was wondering if you can try and become her friend so I have an excuse to talk to her. I really like her but i'm afraid she won't be interested."

"Don't be such a little bi-"

"Hey guys! Watcha talking about?" We both looked over at Benny.

He looked so cute in his black and white flannel. It was the simplest outfits that made me die on the inside.

"Nothing much. Mar was just asking me for boy advice!" Yeah Yeah chuckled as he nudged me playfully.

Oh if only i could slap him.

"Boy advice huh?" Benny looked over at me then back at Alan.

"Yeah she's like super obsessed with Connor Williams." Alan pointed over at one of the most popular guys in our school. He was a grade up from us and was pretty good looking. But he was no Benny Rodriguez.