34 | the boy with the russian tattoo

Telling Miles had been a wonderful, fantastic thing that Jensen had been reaping the benefits of for a month. Benefits meaning more kisses, more hugs, Miles being in an elated move every moment he was home, and Jensen feeling like everything would be okay.

            Jensen, at the present, was applying cream to her breasts because of how sore they were. She was glad Beckett was old enough to stop breastfeeding at that point, unsure if she could take the tenderness.

            "Love of my life?" Miles yelled from downstairs.

            "One minute!" Jensen called. Pulling her shirt back on, a hoodie overtop of it. Crossing her arms over her chest—a universal signal for maybe I'm not wearing a bra, but I'll never admit it out loud—Jensen headed downstairs. Her eyes widened when she turned the corner and saw Scott and Maddox with him. That same moment, she became extremely aware of the white dots on her face. Jensen put her hands over her cheeks. "God, Miles, a little warning."

            "What?"

            "I have zit cream on."

            "Can I use some later?"

            "This domesticity is nauseating," Maddox said.

            Jensen let out a weak laugh. "Sorry."

            "J-Rhodes, if you can't have zits around friends, who can you have zits around?" Scott asked. He and Maddox had been switching from staying at Jensen and Miles' house to staying at the hotel room Scott had booked. She shouldn't have been shocked to see him there.

            Jensen pulled her hands away from her face. "Hi, all."

            Miles laid on the couch. One leg resting on the top, his pant leg rolled up to his knee. Arms behind his head. "Hello."

            "That's an..." Jensen paused, "That's an interesting way to sit on a couch."

            "You didn't tell her?" Maddox asked.

            "Tell me what?" Jensen asked.

            "Well, now it's not a surprise."

            "What?"

            "Don't be mad."

            "Miles, why would I be mad?"

            "You know that tattoo appointment we had for Beck's sign?"

            "The one I asked if you could cancel?"

            "I might have gone to it."

            "God, Miles, why would I be mad? It's your body," Jensen said. Her eyes darted to his rolled up pant leg. "What'd you get?"

            "It's pretty cool, J-Rhodes."

            "What did you get?" Jensen repeated.

            "It's not Beck's sign, I want to get that with you." Miles gently took his leg off the top of the couch. "So, I was thinking—"

            "God, here we go," Maddox said.

            "Let him talk, Mads," Scotty said.

            "You don't have to have a reason to get a tattoo, babe," Jensen said.

            "But I do," Miles said, fighting a smile. "And I'm really happy with it."