28 | lady and the tramp

Sunday's were usually some of Jensen's least favourite. Maybe it was the terrible person in her who hated the idea of Monday and threw some of that hate onto Sunday. Maybe it was the fact that when Jensen was working, it was rare for her to have a Sunday off so how was it the weekend and not simply another day? Maybe it was the teacher in her. The eternal dread of Monday had never escaped her when she had classes to teach the next day. (Jensen was being too hard on Monday—coming back to her kids at school was never something she would regret, even if she wasn't teaching anymore.)

            But that Sunday was different. The day before, Walker Studios finally came to an agreement on their next few years. An attempt at eight films a year was going to be made. Miles had wanted five, but had talked them down from thirteen, so he was pleased with himself. Jensen had the night and next day off after working too many days in a row and she couldn't wait to sit and do nothing. To take a breather. Have a moment away from her character; because playing Logan Parker, guidance counsellor, was a lot of work when she had to come home and be Jensen Rhodes, mother.

            "Your dinner," Miles said, handing Jensen a plate of spaghetti.

            Sure, it was dangerous for their white couch. But Jensen refused to have formal dinner at the dining room table. Not when she had time to breathe. Breathing time was for informalities. For spaghetti being eaten on white couches. For the adults, at least. Rocky ate at the coffee table and Beckett was in his high chair.

            Miles sat down next to Jensen, crossing his legs underneath him. Silently eating in front of a TV playing Doc McStuffins was the perfect Sunday. Maybe Sundays weren't so bad.

            "Cheers." Miles held his fork up toward Jensen.

            Jensen clinked her fork with his without really looking. "Cheers."

            Miles nudged Jensen's knee with his own. "How was filming?"

            "I think Keira saved all the hard scenes for last," Jensen said, twirling spaghetti onto her fork and eating it.

            "Hard scenes?"

            "I... I'm glad to have tomorrow off," Jensen said. "Logan's a lot."

            "Are you okay?"

            "I'm trying to leave her on set," Jensen said. "She's got a lot about her."

            "That didn't answer my question, Rhodes."

            "I had... you know," Jensen started. "Sometimes it feels like I'm verbally abusing Holly."

            "How does Holly feel about it?"

            "I get a hug at the end of every day," Jensen said. Poking her fork into her dinner but not spearing any of it to eat.

            Miles smiled as he spun spaghetti onto his fork. Put it into his mouth, pushed it into his cheek. "Think you're doing okay then."

            "Keira seems to like that she's emotional. Logan, I mean," Jensen said. "Don't know how to tell her that some of her tears were..."

            Miles' eyebrows knit together. "Were yours?"

            "Guess Logan's got a little bit of me in her," Jensen said. Shrugging off Miles' worry and her own. "Nobody needs to know, I guess."

            "I think your characters have a lot more of you in them than you think," Miles said. "Sophia's got the most."

            Jensen let out a weak laugh. "Because I married her Jason in real life?"