14 | abscence of malice

The nice thing about missing a day of press was, of course, that Jensen missed press. The bad thing about missing a day of press was, of course, that Jensen missed press. Not missed in the way she missed Rocky and Miles before they'd come to London. Miss in the sense that Jensen had not shown up and that raised questions. Too many questions. Questions that Jensen had no inkling to answer because she didn't want to see magazines with the words pregnancy complications when all it had been was false labour and dehydration. She'd already seen the ones with hospitalized and potential loss despite Miles and Maddox doing their best to keep headlines away from her. At least Jensen hadn't checked the podcast. That was a win, right?

Walking into the press building was everything Jensen was dreading it would be. Loud. Crowded. Reporters everywhere. Which was absolutely expected but unnecessarily stressful.

Scott immediately walked over to her the moment he saw her. "How are you?"

"I'm fine," Jensen said. She ran a hand up her bicep. "Nervous. But fine."

"I'm sure it's going to be okay."

"You're the fifth person to tell me that today."

"Fifth time's the charm?"

Jensen shook her head. "Thank you, though."

"How's everyone settling in?"

"I've never seen Miles sleep as long as he did last night," Jensen said. "He was out by five. Rocky fell asleep on top of him less than ten minutes later."

"And... Maddox?" Scott asked.

"We watched The Boys in the Band until he couldn't stay up."

"That's a... musical?"

"Play. You're on the right street, though."

"Should I be researching Broadway?"

Jensen raised an eyebrow. "For Maddox?"

"I..." Scott's cheeks reddened. "Potentially. Would that be weird?"

"He likes horror comedies and Drag Race," Jensen said, "Good company. Bad wine."

Scott nodded. "Cool."

Jensen pulled her phone from her back pocket. "Did he give you his phone number?"

"Jensen."

"I'm texting it to you anyway."

"Thanks." Scott smiled softly.

"I hope that things go well."

"Missus Rhodes!"

Jensen turned in the direction of the voice to see Blaine walking over. "Hi."

"I was told that I need to keep giving these to you," Blaine said, handing her a bottle of water, "Throughout the day."

Jensen looked at Scott, who smiled guiltily, and back to Blaine. "Thanks."

"How many do you want?"

Jensen held the bottle up. "This is good for now. I'll refill it."

"There's plenty of bottled water. Are you sure?"

Jensen nodded. "It's totally fine."