Chapter 3: First day on set. Pt 2

And next to Malia, was he. He stood there. Right there. I couldn't believe my eyes. He stood there smiling. I stared at him. He wore sneakers. He had a navy blue tshirt on tucked in his ripped jeans. His hair. Omg his hair. It looked amazing. His lips. And his- Suddenly my mind went empty and my breath heavier. Our eyes met.

——

Tom Holland. Tom freaking Holland! Our eyes met. The world stopped turning. I felt like I was going to faint. Sweat pearls started to form on my skin and my stomach was filling up with butterflies again. My jitteriness was slowly creeping up on me, just as it did when I stepped into the makeup room an hour ago.

A whistle sounded from Anthony Russo, and I caught myself still staring at Tom.

"Welcome everyone.." blah blah.
He greeted us and told us more about the movie. It felt like the Russo brothers had been talking for hours, when they finally gave Tom and Malia a word. The two lead roles shortly introduced themselves and afterwards we had lunch break.

There was a cafeteria, but they didn't sell any food. I was starving. I didn't bring any lunch, but I still had the apple from earlier. I sat at a table with Jess and the other guys from the makeup room. I was extremely bored. They didn't talk about anything, but some new video game. I don't play video games. See the problem? I was leaning over the table with my head resting on my arms, looking to the left. My new "friends" continued talking about some battle, while I had my own battle trying to keep my eyes from closing. I was so close to falling asleep when I heard his voice. It was Tom. I looked up immediately. He stood across the cafeteria next to a bin. He stood there alone. Probably waiting for someone, but I took my chance. I picked up the apple core I must've pushed on the ground by accident and walked over there. I got goosebumbs. I was nervous. Again. What a surprise.

"Okay, you've got this".

"I'm just gonna throw out the apple and then I act like I just saw him. Smooth".

*Bam*. Dang it.

"Of course you missed the bin! Real smoothly done y/n" .

I bent down to grab the core.

"Haha, seems like you dropped something?".

I looked up and saw Tom laughing at me.

"No, no, no this can't be real. Did you just embarrass yourself in front of Tom!?"

"OMG, ANSWER HIM! He's gonna think you're weird!"

"You don't say" I answered, realising I sounded like a bitch.

He reached out a hand to help me get up. I took his hand. It was big. I think my hand filled only half of his. And it was soft. So soft.

"Thanks. And sorry. I didn't mean to come off as rude"

"Don't worry about it darling, I shouldn't have laughed" he said with a smile on his lips and pulled me up.

"Woah!" I almost yelled when he pulled me too hard and I landed in his arms.

"Damn he's strong"

"Oh I- I'm sorry"

"Hmm. You are smaller than I thought" he grinned and his cheeks turned red.

"I am not small" I said.

I hated being called short, but in a weird way, it felt okay when he was the one saying it.

"Okay, if you say so" he replied teasingly, with a cheeky smile.

"Well, you are stronger than I thought"

"No! Did I really just say that out loud? Kill me already please"

My face turned red and he started laughing. What I thought was embarrassing, he seemed to enjoy.

"You're cute. What's your name?"

"I'm-"

"Heyyyyy guys. What are we talking about?" a brown haired girl with green eyes and an absolutely beautiful face interrupted me. It was Malia Brown.

"Omg. Hi Malia! I am such a big fan of your work! I mean you're like my favourite actress" I said excitedly.

"Thank you sweetie. That's really cute I guess" she said with a smile. A fake smile.

My massive smile turned into a slighly smaller smile. I was kinda sad that that was her answer. I felt like what I just said, meant nothing to her. However she is a famous actress and perhaps she had had a bad day. From the corner of my eye I could feel Tom looking at me. He looked like he felt sorry for me. Maybe he could feel my disappointment. Or maybe he thought I was pathetic.

"I'm sorry sugar, but Tom and I have somewhere else to be right now"

"Do we? Cause I'm in the middle of something" Tom replied cocky.

That brought a little smile to my face. She kinda deserved that one.

"Yes we do. We need to practice our lines"

She turned to me; "Toodles"

Then she grabbed Toms arm and marched away like she was some kind of queen.

"You can't just interrupt my conversations like that Malia. I didn't even get her name" I heard Tom say with a low voice, as they walked away.

"Wow, she is fisty" I thought to myself.

"But who cares? I just had a conversation with Tom!"

I was so happy. Even though my favourite actress, and idol, interrupted me and Toms convo and acted like a famous brat. But Tom called me cute! Unfortunately he didn't get my name, but I know his and we're both gonna be on the same set in the next months, so possibly it wont be that long till we meet again?