Chapter 6: The wrong kiss

"Y/n. You're zoning out again"

"I'm sorry Haz"

"Did you even listen to what I just said?" Harrison said, shooking his head.

"I was listening"

He stroked both his hands through his hair and looked at me with a wrinkled forehead and a judgmental look.

"It's just that.. It's whatever" I said despairing.

I wasn't listening. I was looking at the bin across the cafeteria. Actually, more like starring. The bin where I had had my first conversation with Tom. Since the "date" we had texted a lot and he once told me his younger brothers had "approved me". I think he was just joking, but it had made me blush. But two days before the one I'm about to tell you about, he had stopped responding to my texts. I couldn't tell if he were ignoring me, if he was busy or if he just hadn't seen them. But I was really discouraged. I missed him. I missed texting him. And all my doubt was rushing through my head;

"He doesn't miss you"
"Why would he even text you, you're boring"
"Stop waisting your time, you've been played"

And that's the reason I was zoning out and starring at the bin.

"Can't we just go to the makeup room and rehearse? I'm not really in mood for running a full on conversation" I said trying not to sound annoyed nor depressed.

"Jesus. It's that time of the month?" he said laughing at his own "joke".

I didn't find it very funny, and I think he noticed, since he quickly stopped laughing and stood up.

"I'm sorry. Come, let's go" he said considerately.

His head twitched. I think he was alluding to go, but it sure more looked like he had tourettes syndrom. He looked stupid. But it made me smile. Oh and by the way, it actually was that time of the month and I have to admit that I really am moody when I'm on my period.

"I have to pee. You can go, I'll meet you in there" I said.

Harrison left and I cleaned my things up. I was rushing, cause my bladder was about to explode. I mean, I really needed to "urinate".

I was running to the bathroom and I made it just in time. It was a good wee. A long one. Too much info? Idc, I'm not really that chary about such informations, but for your sake, I'll stop there.

I got out of the bathroom. I looked around the cafeteria, in a last hope of seeing Tom. Of course, he wasn't anywhere to be seen. Melancholicly, I walked to the makeup room. But I never arrived. On my way I heard a familiar voice. It was Toms. I stopped. I was trying to listen where it had come from. I couldn't hear what he said. Suddenly his voice stopped. I reached the end of a hallway which led to two new hallways. I looked to the right. Nothing. I looked to the left and-

And there he was. The man who hadn't messaged me in two days. There he was standing. Standing, kissing another girl. Kissing Malia. A feeling of disgust, hatred and disappointment overwhelmed me. Then I froze. All my feelings left my body. I didn't even feel the tears streaming down my cheeks. I was empty. Empty for emotion. Empty for movement. Empty for words. First thing filling me after the empiness was all my doubt. The one person I was letting my guards down for, stood there, kissing another girl.

Tom finally spotted me. He looked surprised. Like it was something I wasn't supposed to see. Of course I wasn't supposed to see that. He probably thought he could have me as his "side bitch". I knew something was going on between those two. The jealousy of Malia when Tom talked to me the other day, wasn't normal.

My head was now facing the floor. I looked up in Toms eyes. I looked at him with disgust. The tears had stopped streaming, but I could feel them exert pressure again.

"Y/n-" he said with a trembling voice.

I had so much to tell him, but the words were stuck in my throat. I wasn't gonna take any bullshit from him. I didn't let him finnish. I wiped my tears, turned around and started running. I didn't know where I was running, I just had to get away. I could feel the warm tears starting to stream again.

"How could he" was the words running through my head over and over again. People were starring, but I could care less. I just needed to get away. I ran out a door near the bathroom I came from. It led me to a small unkempt garden. In the middle of the squared garden, there was a water fountain. The plants were growing wildly as they wanted to. But that doesn't change the fact that it was a lovely little garden. I sat down on my knees before the water fountain. I looked at the water. Looking at my reflection. In anger I hit it. I hated being me. I placed my head on my arms. My head was hurting from all the crying. I was gasping for air. My eyes were burning from the tears. I closed them. The memories of our date ran though my mind. Our text messages.. Our first intense eye contact.. His smile.. His laugh.. His face when he saw me after he and Malia kissed.. I would never had thought he could do something like that. He was such a caring and genuine person. Or at least I thought he was.

I heard the doors behind me open.

"Y/n. Are you here" he whispered uneasy.

I could tell it was him. He had an identifiable voice. A voice I could listen to for hours. A voice I had missed so badly. But right there, I couldn't stand it.

"Are you here". What a foolish question. It was a squared garden. There was no way he didn't see me. See me sitting there. Sitting there, crying. Crying with my head in my arms, which was resting on the fountain. The fountain which was placed in the middle of the garden.

"Please, just leave" I begged.

I was surprised over my tender voice and the "please" that apperantly came out with it. I heard him, slowly, step closer behind me.

His hand touched my back and I flinched. I turned around. He had squatted down behind me. I looked him in the eyes. My eyes were full of anger. He didn't say anything. I stood up and walked straight towards the door. I was so ready to leave, but he grabbed my wrist.