Chapter 8: Upside down

This chapter starts as chapter 7 ends, so it would maybe make more sense if you read chapter 7 (again) before reading this part :)

Enjoy :)

___________________________________________________________________

"Listen" he said under his breath and continued a little clearer; "I don't like her in that way okay? And I certainly didn't use you dar- y/n. I could never do that to you. I like you"

"Wait, he likes me?? Does he 'like like' me!?"

I freaked out. Well on the inside I freaked out, cause I wasn't moving when he said it. I felt my heart beat as fast as it could and I wiped some of my "old" tears away. The corners of my mouth started to turn upwards and I let out a grin. I wasn't angry anymore. I couldn't be. He had just told me he liked me! And I'm not gonna lie, I kind of liked him too. In my eyes, he turned from an idiot into a loving man in a split second. I forgave him. Right there in that moment, I couldn't stay mad at him.

He stood in front of me with his face facing the ground. He was pulling his hair full of gel (probably from the scene he was shooting). My stomach turned of the scene.
I don't think he meant to tell me that, but it made me so happy. I looked at his brown, beautiful eyes. Even though he was looking at the ground I could see them. As I've said before, I'm short. I forced him to look me in the eyes and I smiled. His strained face turned a little less strained, and he forced a smile. I stroked his cheeks to show my reprisal. His forced smile turned to a real one. I pulled in for a hug. He squeezed me really tight. Just as he had done before, but now I was hugging him back. I rested my head on his chest. His chest. It was warm. I could feel his heartbeat. I could feel him breathing. His chest went up and down. He put a hand on my head and caressed my hair.

We stood there and hugged some time. It was nice. Really nice. But then the door behind me opened.

"Um.. Hello there. Y/n?"

I turned around. It was Harrison. God, I had forgotten I had texted him to come pick me up. Now that I had forgiven Tom (which I actually hadn't told him yet, but I figured he had worked it out) there was no need for him to come get me.

"Harrison. Heyy" I said with a wry smile.

"Harrison?" Tom said confused.

He continued; "Why are you-"

"How do you know her name?"

He interrupted himself. And that was when it hit me. Tom. Harrison. THEY WERE FRIENDS. I knew I had seen and heard about this Harrison boy somewhere before, but that it was through Tom? I had completely forgotten that. A few months ago I had sat in my couch watching some youtube videos when I fell asleep. When I woke up, my tv was playing a video of an interview with Tom Holland, some others AND HARRISON.

My mind was begging for Harrison not to say it.

"Please don't please don't please don't"

"We've been rehearsing together for some time" he said.

"Phew, he didn't". I let out a sigh of relief.

"And now, she texted me to come pick her up because she needed a break from something" he added.

"Fuck"

I turned around and looked at Tom. He was looking at Harrison. Or at least that direction. He didn't bother to look at me. He looked angry. He looked dissapointed. But why? I hadn't done anything wrong. Actually HE had done something wrong. I felt an anger starting to form in me again, but a deep breath made it dissapear. He turned his look to me.

"So I kiss another girl and you call my fucking best mate to come comfort you!?"

Why was he so angry with me? He had hurt me so of course I needed someone to comfort me. And besides I didn't know that they were best friends. I mean I did, but I had forgotten! He certainly wasn't the one to be mad. I was. But instead, my insecurity took over and I couldn't keep it in..

"I'm sorry" I said with the faintest voice I could've ever made.

I shouldn't have said sorry. He definitely didn't deserve that. I had done nothing wrong. And yet I felt so guilty. I was looking down of shyness.
He almost pushed me to the side and walked angry out the door.

"Tom" I yelled.

I rushed towards the door. Why was he like that? I put my hand on the handle but Harrison grabbed my shoulder.

"Stop y/n. Give him some time" he said soothingly.

"Why? I've done nothing wrong and he has no reason to be mad at me! He needs to know that!"

I was really upset. I was angry. I was confused. Harrison looked me deeply in my anxious eyes. I let go of the handle. He pulled me in for a hug and comforted me. Just what I needed. A few teardrops trickled down my cheeks. I'm such a crybaby. But Harrison didn't mind. He just hugged me tighter. He really was the best.

——

The rain was pouring. The car had stopped but I didn't realise. I was zoning out. Sitting in my own thoughts. My eyes followed a raindrop which slowly scuttled down the pane. I let my finger follow it too.

A knocking on the pane awoke me from my stare at the raindrop which was long gone now. Just like him.. I let out a sigh and looked up. I was tired. Harrison smiled cheeringly, hoping I would smile too. Instead, I drew a sad face in the dew on the pane. He opened the car door and I almost fell out, since I was leaning my whole body on it.

"Come on y/n. Get out of the car, we're home. I mean we're at my place" he said and laughed. I didn't.

On our way 'home' we had driven through McDrive to get some food. I love McDonalds. Just thought you should know that.

We ran inside, in hope that we wouldn't get wet. We did.
I was staying at Harrisons for the night. The evening went by so slowly. We were watching a series. Harrison had picked it since I didn't say much. I wasn't attentive of the series. I just couldn't stop thinking about Tom. How he had kissed another girl. How he had looked at me with disgust like I was the bad person. Was it over? Was I ever gonna see him again? I was laying in Harrisons arms. It made me feel a little better. Mostly because I imagined it was Tom holding me. I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep.