Chapter 12: I love you

"There's a backstory"

"Of course there is" I snorted again and rolled my eyes.

"Y/n don't be like that. Please listen to this.."

——

"Basically, he thought you and Harrison had something going on. He's got a lot of trust issues" Harry said as the last thing after his 10 minutes explanation on Tom's reaction to all this.

I didn't say anything. I was sad to hear that Tom's ex had been cheating on him.. and then with his best friend. Also it made me sad that he ever thought I could do something like that. But I know what trust issues are like. Not that I've experienced serious trust issues myself, I just know. It all made a little more sense after hearing Tom's background. Although I still needed an apology for the kiss with Malia.
I had come to realise that the kiss was against his will, but I was still hurt..

All the thinking made me dizzy again. The ringing for my ears had stopped. It was like Harry's voice had made it dissapear. Harry parked the car and helped me get out of it. I looked around leaning against the car.

"Where are we?" I questioned with a hoarse voice.

"At the hospital" Harry replied.

Ugh. I couldn't cope with the hospital right now. I just wanted to go home..

——

"Text me when you wake up okay? or Haz. Bye" Harry said and gently closed my front door.

I was laying on my navy blue velour couch with an ice pack on my forehead. The doctor had told me I had gotten myself a minor concussion.
'A minor'. It felt like a major concussion. I closed my eyes and not long after I fell asleep.

——

*ding dong*

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I sat up and the ice pack slid down my forehead. I moved the blanket from my body and got up. My whole body was sore. Like it is when you're sick. But I wasn't sick. Outside the door the person started knocking. I was wearing a t-shirt and panties. Must mean that Harry had seen me in underwear.. could things get worse? I anxiously looked around. My dress. I sighed in relief when I saw Harry had folded it nicely and placed it on my dinner table. I don't know what I would do if it was lost. I then went to open the door.

When I opened it Tom was standing there. He didn't say anything. Weird, as he was the one who decided to come.

"H-Hey" I said stuttering and reached for my head.

He then smiled and pulled me in for a hug. He squeezed me. It hurted.
I so wanted to hug him back and bury my face in his chest.. but I needed to stay true to myself. I was angry at him.

"Are you okay?" he said worried while I pulled out of the hug.

"Hmm idk, I-"

"Y/n I'm so sorry about what happened yesterday. Harry called me and I- I- as fast as I heard about your concussion I rushed here.
Y/n it should never have happened.. Can I come in?" he said.

I turned around and walked towards the couch. I sat down and I couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears started streaming down my cheeks. I put my head in my hands and just cried. He sat down besides me, put his arm around me and pulled me into his arms. He gently kissed my head and caressed my hair.

"Tom I-I-I'm so sorry" I sobbed.

I still had nothing to be sorry about, but sometimes you just have to say what the other person wanna hear..