[21] ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ

ERIC'S POV

ERIC'S POV

I NEVER FELT THIS HAPPY IN MY LIFE BEFORE and it's one of the most exhilarating feelings in the world.

If someone had told me that I would find love in the most unexpected place, I would not believe them, but now I do. It is scary, this new feeling I had inside of me but it was somewhat thrilling because I knew the girl I love would never break my heart.

When Liliana said those three words that I wanted to hear for so long, I couldn't contain myself. Nobody has loved me before besides my parents and the occasional fuck buddy but this was different—we're different and I love it.

After spending all night long making love and the sporadic food aids, we were finally done for the night; I mean morning because my girl has a wild sex drive just like me.

My girl, it has such a nice ring to it.

I decided that it's time to tell her the truth about the way I reacted about her and Ambrose, why Valarie and I still talk and the cancer thing. Fuck, I hate that I kept it in so long from Liliana about my cancer, but I had my reasons why I kept it in. Reason one was the fact that I had cancer and deluded myself into this idea that nobody would love me for me, the would love me because they pity me or that I would die soon and didn't want anyone to get attached to me. Reason two is that her father had cancer and he supposedly died, but he did a dick move and left his family causing them to go through so many traumas. And lastly, I wanted to die.

I know that's a bit morbid but at the time it felt right—I didn't have anything ahead of me or anything to look forward in my future but now I do.

Liliana is a part of my future, I want to experience everything with her.

We needed to talk about a lot of things, mainly my past actions and the future—the future of us and our relationship, whatever it is now.

Liliana's mom called her during the morning after last night that she needed help at the firm and Liliana went to her house, leaving me alone in my house with my fucked up thoughts.