[25] ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ɢᴀᴛsʙʏ | ʙᴄ ɪɪ

LILIANA'S POV

LILIANA'S POV

ONE YEAR LATER

I WAS AN ADDICT for Eric, especially now since we are living together—we rented out a medium-sized apartment near our college.

After we got back together and spent a magical and very romantic night together, we talked a lot about our one year apart. A lot had happen during that time, he got accepted at UCLA Department of Art and had a gallery for his final grade and it was a success. His parents have been there for him when I couldn't, even my family—they didn't care that we had broken up because they knew we would find our way back.

I moved back home because quite frankly, Paris was not what seemed to me—it was magnificent staying there and exploring but when you are depressed and have no one romantically, it was hard.

I transferred to ULCA for sophomore year into the department of media management. I already had a job lined up after college, so I decided to broaden my skill set—for The Firm.

My mother and I were in the dining room, papers scattered across the table and we were calling tons of people for a surprise party for Eric's twenty-first birthday. I was the one organizing it with the help of our family—it was difficult to plan something for someone who knows everyone and everything happening around him but this time, Eric didn't know or suspect anything.

"Okay, so the theme is The Great Gatsby and everyone must dress in late nineteen-twenty clothes. It's at the Dempsey Museum, it starts around five p.m." I say for the twentieth time to Eric's extended family members.

I love my boyfriend but this was getting really annoying.

"I'm so proud of you, Rosa." My father says, entering the room with Eric's parents and Daniel.

I greet them with a hug then sit down in front of the chaos. "I'm going to need a holiday from planning this party." I huff as I start to put the invitations in envelopes.

"Why don't you take a break, doll?" Brandon, Eric's dad says, noticing my tiredness.

"It's fine, Brandon. I can survive," I make my hand into a fist and punch the air.

Liz puts her hand on my arm, "Go and visit Eric for a bit. Have some fun." She pleads with her green gaze—I couldn't say no.

"Fine but let me please send it out at least," I say before going.

"Of course, L." Daniel says and I kiss his cheek before I leave with my car.

***

"You're taking me out for an ice cream date?" Eric asks when he enters my car.

"Yes," I say. I lean forward to him and hold his face in my hand before kissing him softly.

"What's wrong?" he asks after we pull away.