[23] ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

TWO YEARS LATER

FAIRYTALES ARE CRUEL but also beautiful in the way the story is told, some have the beautiful endings that the characters deserve but some don't.

Liliana was perched on the window seat of her apartment, looking through the fogged tinted window, watching couples run to the nearest café or vacant place to wait for the rain to stop. Paris was very wet throughout the year and especially December time, it was the holiday season-the street she lived in was decorated with Christmas cheer, joy and laughter but Liliana didn't feel anything that was remotely any sign of happiness. It's been about few months since she and Eric have broken up.

Well, almost a year.

Everything was good until the distance had started to affect their relationship-they were both travelling to and fro from their respective residences, in different parts of the world. Eric was in LA and Liliana in Paris, their lives are so different when they were in that small town.

Things were good there, they had celebrated Eric's birthday in a grand surprise party with his close friends and family, their prom was spectacular and their graduation day. It was the day they had to say goodbye was one of the most heart wrenching things that they experienced until now.

The drive was awfully silent as the reached the airport, they knew if one of them said anything they would start to cry or go with the other but they couldn't do that-they have to live their own lives.

Eric's thumb caressed the back of Liliana's hand as the looked at the terminal stop, he was rolling her luggage while his other hand held hers in a tight embrace.

Liliana looked at him, his face was stone cold but she knew he was going through so many emotions inside-she was too.

She hated goodbyes-goodbyes were 'I'd never see you again' but they had to go their own way because if they stuck together they would never reach their full potential and neither of them wanted to rob the other of it. Instead they wanted to say farewell, because of either them said goodbye they would never leave.

As the airhostess calls over the intercom to board the plane to Paris, they turned to each other, a small smile on their faces but tears started to form. The entwined hands started to slowly lose its grip from each other, this was hard for them-to let go someone who means so much to you, the person that has your heart.

"I fucking hate goodbyes," Liliana says.

Eric chuckled at her use of profanity, "I hate them too." He looked down to her, her russet brimming with tears, he said, "We'll get through this."