[14] ᴛʜᴇ ғᴇsᴛɪᴠᴀʟ | ɪɪ

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A CALM AND COLLECTED PERSON that is until now

I couldn't believe what was happening in front of me—my 'boyfriend' was fuming because his past conquest is here and demanding him to be with her.

Infuriated, I marched up to 'our' room and took my luggage to the room down the hall.

Artem's room.

This is a bad idea, my subconscious says.

Well, I don't care about it or him right now.

What I need right now is that I have to get out of here for a bit.

I knock on the timber door and was greeted by a shirtless Artem, who looked like he had just woke up—well, it was half past twelve. He motioned me inside as he saw me distressed; I shook my head and asked him to come with me for a drive. Artem put my luggage inside his room; he put a sweatshirt on and his trainers on and took the keys of the car we rented.

The first few minutes were silent as we drove around in the starry night, Artem stopped abruptly which gave me whiplash.

"What happened?" he asked, turning in his seat to look at me.

"Remember when I said Eric is keeping a secret from me? Well, one of them is named Valarie," I huffed, reclining back in my seat.

"Valarie Griffin?" Artem looks at me stunned.

"I think so but how do you know her?" I asked, looking at him quizzically.

"She's...she's..." he stretches out his statement.

"She's what, Artem?"

"My ex-girlfriend," he finally spits out.

"Oh, you got to be fucking with me?" What the hell is happening right now!
"How? What and why?"

He smiles awkwardly before answering, "She's the one I told you about."

"The complicated one?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Yes," Artem says, sighing heavily.

"But she's not British?"

"I tell you that Valarie is my ex-girlfriend and you ask whether she's British. And wait, did you just say that Valarie is one of Eric's secret?"

"Yeah, I did. Why is this such a small world?" I grumble.

Artem reclines in his seat, "I can't believe Eric and her—together. She doesn't seem like the person to be with him."

I furrow my eyebrows together, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm just saying that, well, Eric is a fuckboy and Valarie is a sweet girl."

That's the first time I heard him swear.

"You're defending your ex? And you just said that my boyfriend is a fuckboy."