Chapter 1

Y/N'S POV

So here I am in the place the Hunter Exam is supposed to take place I guess, waiting for the stupid thing to start. I suppose that I have time to introduce myself while I'm waiting. My name is (y/n) if you wanna know my last name well so do I, I'm 12 years old with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. I'm wearing a black mask that covers the bottom half of my face cause ew germs, a long sleeved black and white striped shirt with a short sleeved black hoodie over it, black jeans that are cuffed at the end and some white shoes. I am the embodiment of black and white.

Here's some other information you probably don't need to know but I'm gonna inform you anyway; as you know if you read the description I'm a foster kid, at the age of 4 my parents' left me not because of a reason in particular just cause they wanted a girl and I became 'unbearable' at that point. Why don't I know my last name? Simple reason really, it's because when I did live with my parents' they didn't tell me my last name because again, they didn't like me. Why am I trying to find them if they don't like me? Well you probably didn't ask yourself that but I'm gonna tell you anyway because I can, it's so I can beat the shit out of them.

I guess I'm gonna have to cut this short some weird old dude is coming up to me. "Hey," he says a little to loud for my liking "This is your first time taking the exam isn't it?" He more-so states then asks.

I stay quiet as I eye his suspiciously-although never making eye contact-and move back some. This guy is creeping me out. "You might be wondering how I know but it's cause this would be my 35th time taking the exam!" He says a little to proudly of that. He's taking it and still hasn't passed yet? This guy has no hope. "How rude of me I haven't said my name, well my name is Tonpa-"

"Did I ask?" I say quite rudely cutting him off. It's not like I asked for him to come over to me and start talking to me. For all I know he could be trying to kill me. He then struggles to keep a smile but does so through gritted teeth.

"Well what's your name?" He asked like I didn't just indirectly tell him to leave me alone.

'Does this guy not know when to take a hint?' I thought with a irritated expression on my face. "Why would I tell a stranger and a grown man at that my name?" I told him looking away.

At this point he's trying way to hard to keep up his smile. I'm just getting annoyed with him at this point. "Here," he starts, I look back at him as he's taking out what looks like a juice from who the hell knows where "how about a toast to our new friendship." Tonpa says holding his hand out to give me the drink.

The fuck does he think this is? Like I'm about to take something from a weird old dude, come on. I may not be the smartest person but I'm sure as hell not dumb. "Yeah, no I don't take things offered up by strangers or creepy men." I told Tonpa, his smile now gone he just grumbles something incoherent and leaves me alone. 'Finally I thought he was never gonna leave.' I thought with a wave of relief washing over me.

I look around to see that's it's more crowded then it was when I started talking with that thing. There seems to be a few hundred people in the room, why so many people? I hate people. And to make matters worse 3 more just came in. Looking at them I see a boy that looks to be the same age as me, a blonde... boy? Girl? No seriously what the fuck is that? And finally an old looking guy with a brief case. Man what is up with all the freaking old people here?

I stop from looking at them because they might see me looking and that would be an awkward conversation, so I go on my phone to play (f/g) to pass time. After a minute or two everyone hears a blood curdling scream come from some guy. I look to where the scream came from and see a red head standing over a guy without both of his arms, I would like to say that's the most awful thing I've ever seen but that'd be a lie. Since I'm quite far I couldn't hear what the red head dressed like a clown was saying so I chose to just ignore it. I'm so smart I know. After that happened I just go back to playing (f/g) again.

Suddenly the wall opens to reveal a man with lilac hair, blue eyes, and a mustache. 'Wait am I seeing things or does this guy not have a mouth?' Well that's certainly not weird at all. I turn my phone off and put it back in my pocket. Everyone in the room is now silent.

"I apologize for the delay, thank you for waiting." He starts, but now I'm just wondering how the hell he's talking when he doesn't have a mouth to talk out of? "The entry period for hunter applicants is officially closed, so with no further ado the Hunter Exams shall now begin." He tells us, "One final word of caution, if your short on luck, or ability keep in mind that there is a very real chance that you could end up seriously injured, death is also another possibility." Well I mean people are bound to die it's not supposed to be easy so if they die they die that's on them, and if I die oh well it just means I'll have to wait a while longer before I can see my parents' in hell.

"If you are willing to accept the risks involved I will ask you to follow me now," he starts off again, "but for the rest of you" he says louder to get his point across while putting his arm out in the direction of the elevator we came through, "please leave through the elevator behind you." Surprise surprise no one left.

'Stubborn little bitches' I thought to myself with a slight look of irritation shown on my face.

"Alright then, very well all 404 applicants will now participate with in phase 1." Once he finished he turns around going through the direction of which he came in from. He starts walking in a way that it looks like he doesn't have kneecaps, he may not have any kneecaps but Sangwoo can still break your ankles. We all start walking behind him but then the people in the front start to speed up. So like everyone else I increase my speed to keep up. "How rude of me, I have neglected to introduce myself. I am Satotz, your examiner for the first phase of the exam. It is my responsibility to lead you all to the second phase." He informs us.

"Second? Whatever happened to the first?" A bald guy in the front asks.

"The first phase has already begun," he tells us loud enough for everyone to hear, the murmurs of confusion start to flood in, filling the once silent room.

'These people were much more enjoyable when they were quite.' I complained in my head.

Satotz looks back at us "The first phase is quite simple, all you have to do is follow me to the second phase, so try to keep up." He informs looking straight a head once again.

"Follow you, so that's it there's nothing else to it?" The bald guy in the front once again speaks.

'He literally just said to follow him, what's not to get about that? People always have to complicate the simplest of things.' I sigh at the thought.

"That's right," Satotz starts talking once again, "I cannot tell you where or even when we must arrive, you need only to follow me" he finally finishes talking.

'Well if we only have to run then that should be easy but.... he didn't say for how long exactly. For all we know we could be running for an entire day. Oh well it's not like I'll die or anything so I'll be just fine' I thought, knowing that I'll be fine just as long as I stay away from the red headed clown... and people in general.

Note: if you're gonna vote please don't spam it's annoying and bothers me greatly. Thank you.