Chapter 9

3RD POV

It's now the fourth round and Leorio had volunteered to go. His opponent stood on their side just standing. Leorio stepped up with his hands in a fist on his hips. "All right, this is where I draw the line! Can someone take him away and send me your next guy?" Leorio yelled out to the other side as he pointed their way.

His opponent took a step forward before giggling a bit. "Sorry, but I can't do that." They said with their hands still in the handcuffs and the sack thing over their head.

"What did you say?" Leorio yelled over again.

"We can't take him away yet. They haven't decided the outcome." Leorios opponent explained while going onto the platform in the middle.

"Did you say they haven't decided the outcome? What do you mean by that?" Leorio shouted. The prisoner stopped when they reached the blue man who was laying on his stomach. They crouched down to him looking over him.

"He's still alive, but he's just unconscious." They said after examining him. "Did you forget? This is a duel to the death. You'll have to fight until someone forfeits or dies then we'll know the outcome. Now, he's still alive and he hasn't forfeited." The prisoner explained then laughed. They then turned around to go back to their side.

Leorio crossed his arms and scoffed. "This is unreasonable."

"But what she said was right," Killua said.

"I think so too." Gon agreed which made Leorio angry.

"But she's wrong," Y/n said, a little angry himself that she said they all must have forgotten. He takes people saying that he forgot to heart since he's not able to forget.

"Hm? What do you mean? It was a deathmatch and he didn't forfeit." Gon said to the 12-year-old boy.

"But he did forfeit right before his head got slammed into the floor," Y/n explained but no one wants to listen to him. Seeing that no one was gonna listen to him he gave up. "I hate you assholes." He grumbled.

"Hey, Kurapika! Your rival is still breathing. Get out there and finish him." Leorio demanded of the blonde.

"No, thank you," Kurapika said not bothering to open his eyes.

"But why?" Leorio yelled.

"The outcome has already been decided. It was clear, that he lost his will to fight, by the time I punched him. I don't want to be so cruel and take my frustration out on him." The blonde explained to his friend.

"You've got to be kidding me! What do you want now? Didn't you hear what they said? You don't get to decide the outcome!" Leorio shouted trying to get his friend to finish the match already.

"Why don't you look at him?" Kurapika asked.

"What?" Leorio lets out confusion all over his face.

"Once he gets up, he'll naturally give us a response," Kurapika told him.

"Come on! We have to get out of here within the time limit. We don't have time to wait for him." Leorio tried to explain to Kurapika but he didn't listen to him.