Chapter 19

The chapter is gonna be short and takes place a day before the fourth phase ends.

3RD POV

It had been a day which means that the fourth phase ends tomorrow. In that time surprisingly y/n and Killua had not killed each other or made an attempt at one another's lives. It was quite the opposite, actually. When y/n wasn't being so vulgar he wasn't as irritating and Killua actually isn't a very hostile person... most of the time.

The sun had just set and it got pretty dark pretty quickly so the two boys plus the cat had decided to stay where they were until it was light out again. One thing that Killua noticed is that the h/c-haired boy doesn't seem to sleep at all. Even while in the room y/n only went to sleep when Killua put him to sleep and that resulted in him sleeping for a day and a half.

Thinking about it prompted Killua to ask; "You aren't gonna sleep?" Y/n not looking at Killua shook his head.

"The average human can stay awake for 11 days but by the third day, the lack of sleep will have profound effects on your mood and also your awareness and how you perceive things. I went to sleep on the second day and woke up yesterday so I can stay awake for two more days before I need to sleep again. So no, I will not be sleeping." Y/n informed whilst petting Seven who unlike the two boys was sleeping.

Killua was somewhat perplexed as to how you knew this and worded it as if you got it straight from google but who is he to question it so that being said he made fun of you instead. "Didn't know you knew big words like profound," Killua smirked.

Y/n looked at him like he was dumb. "The fact you think profound is a big word says a lot about you but then again you probably never went to school which is why your vocabulary is so limited." Y/n insulted.

Killua furrowed his eyebrows looking angry as he pointed at y/n. "My vocabulary is not limited! And I have gone to school... it was just from home." Killua started to yell at y/n but got quiet once he admitted to only having ever been homeschooled.

"Oh, I was homeschooled for a time." Y/n smiled but it was not being shown due to his mask covering his face. "It was awful." His tone of voice was cheery as he said that which is somewhat weird because the tone didn't match his words.

"How come?" Killua asked somewhat curious his arms now crossed over his chest.

Y/n let out a groan. "The people who were taking care of me were always home and they were annoying as fuck so it was impossible to concentrate. I was eight at the time so I couldn't even leave the house without adult supervision." The boy complained going on about how the people who were taking care of him annoyed him to no end.

"I was so happy I was only there for six months. Those were the longest six months of my fucking life." Y/n finished with his rant leaving the poor white-haired boy utterly confused.

The assassin looked at y/n with raised eyebrows. "Do you call your parents 'the people that take care of you'?"

At the question, y/n just laughed but quietly since he doesn't want to wake Seven up. "No," the h/c-haired boy answered. "The people I was talking about aren't my parents but I guess they also were at the same time."

The way y/n worded that further confused Killua but y/n continued to elaborate. "I'm what you'd call a foster child and have been for most of my life. The people I was talking about were my foster parents but I just call them legal guardians number 31 and 32."

Suddenly half the stuff that y/n said made sense to Killua now. Like back when they were in phase three and he said that he gets triggered seeing stable families. Everyone thought he was crazy but with the information just given Killua figures, y/n was just jealous of them. "What happened to your real parents?" Killua didn't mean to pry he was just curious and who could blame him but y/n didn't seem to mind all the questions.

"I don't know for all I know they could be dead and if they are I'm gonna be pissed. No way they fucked me up, got rid of me just to die before I could beat their asses. If that ever happened I think I'd lose my mind." Y/n had his hand in his hair, any hair that was in front of his face was now in between his fingers as he stared wide-eyed at the ground.

"Is that why you're taking the hunter exam?"

"Yeah pretty much," Y/n said back to how he normally is. "What reason do you have to take the hunter exam, snowflake?" The hand that was once in his hair was now resting against his cheek.

"How many times do I need to tell you to stop calling me stupid names?!" The white-haired kid yelled in annoyance.

Y/n rolled his eyes. "Fine then, what reason do you have to take the hunter exam, viburnum?"

"What does that mean?" Killua asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, nothing." Y/n smiled from under his mask. 'It's snowflake is Latin.'

Killua just sighed. "I'm not trying to be a hunter for any particular reason. I heard it was supposed to be really hard and challenging so I decided to take the test. So far it doesn't feel challenging it's pretty boring." Killua put his hands behind his head.

"Yeah I didn't find it especially challenging yet but most of the people taking the exam are annoying as hell. Like in the first phase I was just trying to walk and suddenly I'm tripping over some musty ass dude."

Killua laughed at y/n's complaints. "That wasn't a problem for me by the time people started to fall I was already in the front with Gon."

"You lucky bastard."

From then until daylight the two boys joked around and just said a whole bunch of dumb stuff. They may have made an attempt on each other's life a few times because of one getting on the other's nerves a bit too much but they both lived. Unless...

Nah I'm kidding.

This chapter was just to develop their friendship.