Chapter 13

A child of the age of 4 was sitting down in his room. It was a pink room with a lot of dolls. He hated the color pink, how bright it was, he hated bright things. The dolls he had were all baby dolls. He doesn't know why his parents bought him girly things like that but they did and he hated it. Every month or so his parents would buy him a baby doll for no reason. Well, it seemed to be no reason to him.

Really his parents thought that if they surrounded him with pink and dolls and dresses he'd like it and want to be a girl. They were trying to force him to be a girl so they could have that little girl they always wanted. They even made him dress up in pink and purple dresses and other things little girls would wear. They even made him grow his hair out so they could put it in puffs.

Every time he complained they would get mad and yell at him for his reaction making him cry. They would tell him things like "we never even wanted you, do you think I wanted a boy?" Or "why won't you just cooperate and be the little girl you were supposed to be?!" When they were at the park he didn't see other parents yell at their kids for being them so why did his?

As he sat in his room facing the window wearing a pink shirt and white shorts while his hair was up in a single puff in the middle of his head. He was sent to his room because he wouldn't put on the tiara his mother bought him. He thought he looked stupid so he didn't wear it so his mother got mad and yelled at him. Again. He had tears coming down his face as he looked out the window.

He didn't wanna be a girl and made that perfectly clear to his parents yet here his parents were forcing him to do things he didn't want to do. He replayed every time his parents yelled at him from the span of the last seven months. Those are the memories he remembered clear as day. Not just getting yelled at but even every stranger's face he's seen when walking to the park with his mother. Every cloud he looked up at. Every last conversation his parents had with him from seven months ago to now.

Everything else past the seven-month mark he struggled to remember properly. He had turned 4 years old 9 months ago and can't even remember what he did for his birthday without struggling but now it seems that he remembers everything. He hated it.

Hated how he could remember his parents yelling at him every time he disobeyed. Every time they would glare at him if he tried picking out a toy car in the store. Every time they would put him in skirts and dresses and when he didn't like it and threw a tantrum they would lock him in his room for the rest of the day and wouldn't let him out even for food. He remembers it all.

The little boy scratched at his ears that have diamond-shaped earrings on them. He hated how girly it made him look. Not like he doesn't look like a girl already but this was permanently on him. He could always change his clothes or cut his hair but he can't make the holes go away.

All of a sudden he let out a scream. Not screaming any words it was just him screaming. It was so loud the neighbors could hear it. His father who was in the kitchen rolled his eyes hearing his screaming. This happened often so they're used to his screaming. A few minutes later the neighbors came knocking at the door.

Y/n's mother went to open it and saw a woman who appeared to be in her 30's looking concerned. "Yes, do you need anything?" She asked putting a smile on her face.

The woman nodded her head. "Is your child okay? He's been screaming for 10 minutes." The neighbor said trying to look in the house to spot the little boy. Y/n's mother furrowed her eyebrows.

"My daughter is fine she's just throwing another tantrum is all." His mother easily lied Since this is something that happened almost every day so it's routine for them by now.