Chapter Ten~ Last Night

Josuke's POV

I strained my eyes as the morning light flittled through the curtains, reminding me that I unfortunately had to get up.

I groaned as I threw off the covers and streched my arms out. Jeez I'm stiff, feels like I've been asleep for months... I looked over at the clock and saw that it was 6 am, about 30 minutes before I usually get up. I thought about going back to sleep but I might as well get up at this point.

I swung my legs onto the floor, wobbling as I stood up. I felt my head start to spin and leaned against my nightstand. It passed after a few seconds so it was probably nothing. I walked over to the bathroom, starting to feel dizzy again, I closed the door and went to do my buisness. But the second I put the toilet lid up I felt my stomach churn.

Withen seconds my head was hovering above the bowl, puking my guts out. I really do hate throwing up, especially when it keeps coming in spasms and there's nothing you can do about it except try not to choke on your own vomit.

Once my stomach had been completely emptied and I felt like I could stand up without hurling, I wiped my mouth off with some toilet paper and dabbed away few tears. I glanced down at the toilet. Last nights pork udon... Disgusted I flushed it away and got some water from the sink.

While I was gurgling and trying to get rid of the rancid taste in my mouth I contemplated whether I should go to school or not, however those thoughts were promptly interrupted.

"Josukueeeee-"

My mom pounded on the bathroom door.

"-jstasecond!"
I spit out the mixture of mouthwash and toothpaste into the sink.

"Whaddya wan-"
I started, opening the door.
What I saw is not what I expected.

"Did you get sick too?"

She looked half dead or like she could keel over any minute.

"Yeah I threw up, you look like you got hit by a bus though."

She must've really been feeling bad because a remark like that would've earned me at least a minor smackdown. She just sighed and headed for the stairs.

"I think the pork was out of date. Stay home from school if you want, if you need me I'll be in my bathroom."
She stumbled down the steps before slapping her hand over her mouth and making a b-line for the bathroom.

I rubbed my head and looked around, not sure what to do. One one hand I would love a day off, and risking puking at school is not something I want to cross off my bucket list. But on the other me and Okuyasu were planning to marathon star wars and if I don't go to school then mom will pull the, "if you didn't feel well enough for school you're not well enough to hang out with friends," card.

Weighing my options I decided that staying home was best, and I'd just call Okuyasu and ask if we can do it some other day.
As if on que, there was knocking at the door. I looked up at the clock and saw it was already 7:30 somehow, around when Okuyasu would come over to walk to school.

I began to race down the stairs, slowing down when I felt nausea start to settle in. When I finally reached the door I nearly got punch by Okuyasu's second round of knocking.