Chapter Eight~ Hurt

Okuyasu's POV
"Dad I'm home!"
The door clicked behind me as I stepped in and made my way over to the stairs. I didn't get any response from dad but I didn't really expect one anyway.
I reached my room, shut the door behind me, and dramatically flopped down on the bed.
My body was tired but my brain felt more awake than it'd ever been, many thoughts swam around my head and got all mixed up with one another. There was only one I could pull out and decipher,
"Strawberry is my new favorite ice cream flavor..."

I continued to lay there for a moment, until I heard a knock on the door.

Josuke's POV
After I saw that Okuyasu had made it inside his house I started the walk home.

As I began to saunter down the sidewalk I gazed into the night sky. Oku was right, it is beautiful...
The sky was mostly clear of clouds now, letting the stars shine unobstructed.

As I was admiring the scene I tripped over a crack in the concrete, managing to land on my shoulder which seemed like a better option than smashing my face on the ground.

"Ow fuck me-"
I grabbed my shoulder and winced in pain,
"Oh god yeah that hurts like a motherfucker."
I let go and rolled over on my back, looking up at the moon who had tricked me into falling whilst captivated with her beauty.
"Bitch,"
I hissed, as I used my right arm to push myself up to where I could stand. Aside from my shoulder there seemed to be minimal damage to the rest of me, except for maybe a scrape on my elbow.
I hadn't made it that far and was just a couple houses down from Okuyasu's. While it would've probably taken just an extra minute to get to my place I figured I could use this as an excuse to hang out with Okuyasu a bit longer.
I strolled up to his front door and gave it a couple knocks.

"Josuke?"
I looked up to see Okuyasu peering down at me from his window.
"Haha yeah it's me... uh think ya could let me in?"
He nodded and a few seconds later I heard hard fast foosteps coming from inside before the door swung open, nearly knocking me out.
"What's up? Did something happen? Are you ok?" He frantically asked, sounding like a concerned mother.
"Yeah man I'm fine for the most part. I ate shit on the concrete and jammed my shoulder, could I get some ice?"
I smiled sheepishly as he took in the information.
"Of course, uh you can sit on the couch while I get an icepack."
"Thanks bro you're a real one."

I walked in and plopped down on the soft couch cushions, then had a sudden realization. I yelled to Okuyasu who was in the kitchen,
"Hey Oku, what time is it?"

"Uhhh.. 10:07!"

Ok this is fine it's a little past time but not too bad...

"Thanks! I'm gonna use your phone real quick!"
"Ok!"

I got up and dialed my home phone number, bracing for the onslaught of verbal abuse.
It only took one ring for her to pick up.
"Josuke-"
"Mom wait before you say anything let me explain,"
"You have ten seconds."
"That's barely any ti- whatever, I was on my way home when I ate it on the sidewalk so I'm at Okuyasu's getting an ice pack."
She let out an exasperated sigh, I'm sure she was doing that thing where she squeezes her eyes real tight and rubs her forehead.
"Ok just let me know when you're coming home or if you're staying there, you can do the dishes tomorrow as payment for calling me so late."
"But it was only seven minutes past the time-"
"Oops sorry your ten seconds ended a long time ago, bye! I love you!"
"Ugh, love you too..."

I set the phone back on the receiver. Walking over to the couch I jumped up and faceplanted into it, letting out a muffled "ow" when I landed slightly on my shoulder.

"Alright we didn't have any frozen ice packs but I put some ice in a bag and wrapped it in a towel."
"Thanks Oku, can you set it on my shoulder? The left one."
I pulled my right arm out from under me and pointed to it.
"Wow are you really that lazy?"
"Mmhmm..."
He just sighed and rolled up my sleeve to put the ice on it, causing me to wince when he grazed the forming bruise.
"Damn you really did eat it huh,"
He chuckled.
"Yeah yeah you don't gotta goof on me about it though..."
"Hmm I won't say anything now but I'm definitely using this as leverage later."
"You suck"
"You swallow"
"What're you twelve?"
"I'm thirteen actually"
We both laughed, the humor was lowbrow but that's what made it so good.

"Oh hey you also scraped up your elbow a bit, I'll go get some band aids and alcohol."
I turned my head to watch Okuyasu go up the stairs, and quickly returning with a little first aid kit.
He poured the alcohol where the scrape was, which hurt, then he rubbed some medicine on it, which didn't hurt and actually felt pretty nice. Once he was done with that he put a large band aid over it.

"Well, I sure can't fix ya up as good as crazy d would but it'll suffice."

"You fixed me up just as good Okuyasu, now for personal reasons I will be falling asleep on your couch,"
I shifted so I was once again face down on the arm rest.
"That's fine, guess I'll call your mom and tell her you're spendin' the night... oh and here's a blanket."
I felt a blanket being draped over me, it was soft and warm. If it wasn't for my shoulder it would've been mega comfy.
"Thanks Oku~"
"You're welcome, g'night Josuke..."
The lights flicked off and I fell asleep to the sound of Okuyasu quietly explaining into the phone what was going on.

A/N
1024 words, oh shitttt get baited nerds! you thought it was gonna be an Okuyasu chapter but I changed my mind like two seconds in >:^) I kinda hate constant pov switching in a single chapter (just a personal preference) but I think it's fine if used sparingly. Anyway, sorry for callin y'all nerds hope you liked this chapter or whateva