Chapter Three~ Feb 14 Pt. 3

Josuke's POV
The movie we had decided to watch was The Princess Bride, it has some romance but nothing too intense.
I walked up to the TV and popped the disc in the dvd player.
"Oh Oku, I got us a couple of soda's. you want one?"
Okuyasu who looked to be building a pillow fort around the couch responded with a muffled,
"yes please."
I chuckled, god he's such a dork.
After doing my best to ignore the sweets that sat next to the drinks I grabbed them and shut the fridge.
"Here,"
I said passing one to Okuyasu.
"Thanks Josuke, are you ready to start the movie?"
He asked, holding the remote in his hands.
"Yep!"
I quickly ducked down under the makeshift blanket roof and plopped down next to Okuyasu.

The movie was pretty good, I had actually seen it several times all ready but it was Oku's first time watching it. I payed less attention to the movie and more to his face, the way his eyes lit up whenever Westley would save Buttercup. It truly was a sight to see, he almost looked like a little kid the way everything seemed to fascinate him.
I suddenly became aware that staring was probably super creepy and I didn't want to weird him out if he saw so I reluctantly turned back to the TV.

We had gotten about an hour into the movie when my eyes couldn't bear to keep themselves open any longer. I leaned my head against Okuyasu's shoulder, accepting that there was no way I was going to be able to stay awake for much longer. I closed my eyes and felt his arm wrap around my shoulder. After that I immediately drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of soft snoring.
We were in the same position as before, with my head on his shoulder and his arm wrapped around me, but now Okuyasu's head was resting on mine. I looked over at the clock.
Looks like it's only 9:15, usually when we have sleepovers we pull all nighters so it'll probably be fine if I wake him up...
Then another thought occured to me.
The chocolates! It's this late, so it's now or never at this point.
I slowly slithered my way out from under Okuyasu, putting a pillow in my place Indiana Jones style.
I quietly opened the fridge and grabbed the chocolates, then tip toed back over to Okuyasu.
"Oku~ wake up I have a suprise for youuu~"
No response.
I tapped him on the head,
"Oi Oku wake up already."
He started to stir and I quickly put my arms behind my back, holding the chocolates.
"Hm? Is the movie over already?"
He looked up at me dazily.
"Yep has been for a while I think... but anyway um you know that thing I went to do earlier?"
I could feel my nerves start to catch up with me, was this a normal friend thing to do? Giving your bro a valentine?
"Oh yeah, what was that all about?"
"Well I just uh... haha you know..."
Damn, this shouldn't be so difficult, he's my friend and friends do nice things for eachother that's all this is!
He looked at me confused.
"But I don't know bro. I'm not that smart you're just gonna have to tell me."

I swallowed hard, I'm in too deep at this point can't chicken out now.

I took a deep breath.
"Igotyouthesecauseyoumeanalottomeandyoulookedsosad-"
"Woah bro slow down I can't understand what you're saying."
Ok, for real this time I guess.
"You just looked so upset about not getting anything today and I-I care about you alot y'know so I just wanted to get you something so you know how much you mean to me and everything..."
Looking down I extended a shaky arm, to hand him the chocolates.
I felt him grab the box and withen seconds I had been engulfed in the tightest hug I had ever experienced.

The force that was propelled from the hug had effectively knocked me over, leaving me on the ground with Okuyasu on top of me.
Small sniffles brought me out of my shock and I used the arm not currently gripping Oku and pushed us back up to a sitting position.
"H-hey Oku you ok?"
I asked nervously, this was not the reaction I had expected.
Okuyasu reluctantly pulled away from the hug, his nose running and eyes all red and puffy.
"Sorry I just- *snif* n-no one's ever done anything like that for me before..."
He looked down for a second as another wave of tears hit.
"Do I really mean that much to you?"

I couldn't bear to look at those big watery puppy dog eyes any more, so I wrapped my arms around him in another hug.
"Of course man,"
I felt tears prick the corners of my eyes,
"You mean the world to me bro... I don't know what I'd do without you."
I blinked away a couple tears, while rubbing Okuyasu's back trying to comfort him.
I had no idea such a simple gesture would mean this much to him, and why my heart broke watching him breakdown. I mean of course it's normal to feel bad when you're friends upset, but I felt my heart physically ache for him. What's happened in his life for him to react like this?
Well I guess that was probably easier to answer than I first thought. It wasn't about what had happened, it was about what hadn't happened.
I know he had a tough upbringing, this was probably the first time since his mom passed away that someone had done something like this for him.

We sat for a while until Okuyasu managed to calm down, he eventually was the first one to pull away from the embrace.
"S-sorry man I just couldn't keep it together, thanks for being so nice to me..."
Okuyasu grabbed the box of chocolates that had been sitting off to the side, a small smile crept onto his face.
"These look really good too, we should share 'em!"
It was always so funny how Okuyasu could change his mood so quickly, he was simple minded but he had a big heart.
"Nah bro they're for you"
I chuckled, playfully pushing away the box he had out stretched to me.
"Come on, at least have one! I feel bsd for not gettin' you anything..."
He looked away, rubbing the back of his neck.
"You didn't have to get me anything it's fine, but if you insist I'll take one."
Okuyasu popped open the lid and handed me one.
We both ate ours and I have to admit, for convenience store chocolate it was really good.

We sat in silence for a bit, it was 9:42 pm.
"Well, do you wanna play some video games?"
I asked, not wanting to go to bed yet or sit around anymore.
"Aw hell yeah man"

We sat and played for a while until it was 2:34 in the morning. Quiet yelling and laughter slowly turned into yawns as we both were hitting our limit.
"Hey man we should probably go to bed, I can barely keep my eyes open."
I said, putting down my controller.
"I'll take the couch, you can sleep in my bed,"
I mumbled, then got up and flopped down on the couch.
"Are you sure man? It's your bed
..."
"And you're the guest. Just take it, I'm good right here."
"Well ok if you're sure, g'night Josuke!"
I waved goodnight and promptly fell asleep.

A/N
1275 words. Sorry it took so long for me to get this part out! I had basically written the whole chapter but it didn't feel right so I rewrote the whole thing, but I think it paid off in the end because I'm actually pretty happy with how this turned out! I'll try to figure out an actual update schedule this week but I'll probably put out the next chapter withen the next few days. Anyway, have a good night! (or morning depending on when you see this:^)