Chapter Nine~ You and I

Josuke's POV
I woke up with my upper half falling off the couch, my undone greasy hair covering my eyes. I went to push myself up with my left arm, but a sharp aching pain shot up through my shoulder the second I put any weight on it.
"Ughhhhh,"
I groaned as I just let my whole body slump over the couch and fall on the ground with a hard thud.

"Josuke, you good? Uh-..."
I couldn't see him but judging by his slighty out of breath voice he must've came running when he heard me fall.

"Mmm no. Shoulder hurt, can't move, help."
"Really man? You've got a whole 'nother arm..."
I leaned my head up a bit to meet his gaze,
"Nope. Help."
I promptly smacked my face back on the ground, a little harder than I had intended.
He sighed and put one arm around my waist, then awkwardly maneuvered himself between me and the couch to put my right arm around his shoulders. He pulled me all the way up to my feet, and I sleepily layed my head on his shoulder.
"Um, so can you make it by yourself from here?"
He asked, obviously very flustered.
"If you let go I will collapse."
"I highly doubt that-"
He loosened his grip and I began to fall, too tired to even try and catch myself. Luckily Okuyasu had relatively decent reflexes and caught me before I smashed into the ground.
"Oh my god you're so helpless..."
"Then help me nerd~"
He once again pulled me up, except this time he set me on the couch.
"Hey! Where are you goin'?"
I asked as he made his way out of the room.
"To make breakfast dork I'll be right back."
"Hmph-"
I flopped down on the couch, landing on my sore shoulder which hurt a lot but I was tired and just ignored it. Not long passed before I found myself back asleep.

"Oi josuke~..."
I felt a hand tap my shoulder, opening my eyes I saw Okuyasu standing over me.
"Mmm?"
"Foods ready,"
He said, a small smile painted his face.
"Aw sweet, I'm starvin'..."
I pushed myself up from my previously flopped over position and got up to follow Okuyasu to the kitchen. On the way I grabbed a rubber band out of my pocket and pulled my hair back.

"Here, I made you an omelet and some bacon,"
He handed me the plate of food.
It was a cheese and spinach omelet, with a drizzle of hot sauce on top (just how I like it).
"Thanks man this looks great!"
"No problem bro,"
Okuyasu said as he poured himself a cup of coffee.
I sat down at the table and began to eat.
God this is good, wish I could cook like this...
"Oi Oku, where'd ya learn to cook like this?"
I asked inbetween bites.
"Umm I don't really know,"
He started,
"I guess I just sorta picked it up through the years. I would mostly do the cookin' when it was just me Keicho, dad, and me. So I kinda got good at it eventually or somethin'..."
He trailed off, looking away to hide blush as if he was embarrassed of actually being talented at something.
"Well, I think it's great that you can do it! I definitely can't,"
I chuckled, and Okuyasu took a sip of his coffee as he cracked a small smile.
"Thanks..."
"Mhmm."

I finished eating and got up to wash my plate off, letting out a faint "ow" when I strained my shoulder too far trying to grab a towl.
"Hey man you good?"
Okuyasu got up from the table, looking worried.
"Yeah it's just my shoulder's still super sore."
"Here..."
He grabbed the plate from my hands and finished drying it off, then put it back in the cabinet.
"I could like, I don't know uh... give you a shoulder rub if ya wanted?"
"Huh?"
"I mean it might help with the soreness, massage out the tense muscles..."
I thought for a moment, a shoulder massage does sound pretty nice...and a free one no less!
"Sure man, thanks!"
He grinned and grabbed my hand (I might've blushed when he did so but that's neither here nor there...), and led me back to the living room.
He let go then plopped down on the couch, and patted the floor where I was supposed to sit.
"If you sit down there I'll be able to reach better,"
I nodded and sat down.
"So uh, where is it sore?"
I pointed to the top of my left shoulder,
"Just around there mostly."
He lifted up my shirt sleeve,
"Oh yeah you got a massive bruise there..."
"Haha yeah, guess I went down pretty hard."
He put back my sleeve and set one hand on each of my shoulders, the touch sent shivers down my spine.
He started slowly working out the muscles, putting more pressure on the left one where I pointed to.
I felt like I was melting in his hands, I don't think I've ever been this relaxed.
He continued rubbing my shoulders for a while, then eventually moved his hands up to my traps.
As I felt my physical being switching from a solid to liquid I mumbled,
"Mmm have you done this before?"
I was barely audible due to my new extreme zen state.
"Hm? Uh oh yeah a couple times I guess, Keicho would get real angry about dad or somethin' but this usually calmed him down."
I chuckled,
"I can see why, I don't think I could get mad even if I tried..."
"Well that's good I guess."
"Mmhmm..."
At that point I fell asleep or transcended the astral plane, either way my conciousness left me.

When I returned I felt my hair being slightly pulled,
"Hm?"
I looked up sleepily to see a focused Okuyasu, who jumped when I moved.
"Oh hey you're awake, you kinda knocked out hard there for a bit."
"Yeah man you got me totally relaxed, so whatcha been doin back there?"
"Oh I was just messin' with your hair since it's actually down for once..."
I reached back and felt the back of my head, my hair was indeed now in a braid.
Standing up I rushed over to the nearest mirror, it was weird to see myself without the pomp but it was a fun change.
I giggled,
"Oi Oku, you did a pretty good job!"
I looked over to see him wearing his big toothy grin.
"Really?"
"Yeah totally man! I couldn'ta done this."
"So uh, ya like it?"
"Yup! I think I'll wear it like this the rest of the day~"
I looked over at the clock, my smile fading a bit.
"Aw jeez it's already 11... I should probably get goin."
Okuyasu got up from the couch,
"Well, I'll see ya at school I guess?"
"For sure. Unless I y'know decide to break my face on the sidewalk or somethin'"
He chuckled,
"I don't think I could massage that one out."
"Haha yeah, well I'll see ya,"
I walked over to the door and opened it, waving goodbye to Okuyasu as he grabbed the door to close it.
"Bye Josuke!"
"Bye Oku~"
The door closed behind me and I began my walk home.

~☆Later at the Higashikata residence~☆

"Since when did you start wearing you're hair in a braid? You look like some knockoff disney princess..."
"Just tryin' somethin' new, I think I look great."

A/N
1253 words, alright let's go ahead and get this outta the way, yes it has been 5ever since I've updated and I really am sorry. For some reason this chapter was just mega hard to write? Like I've been nonstop workin on it for a week and just now got it done (it's not even that long smh). Anyway, next chapter comin whenever I can drag myself outta the depression hole and feel inspired