Chapter Four~ Saturday in the Park

Okuyasu POV
The light coming through the windows woke me up, and not being able to ignore it any longer my eyes flickered open.

Hold on a second... where am I?
I looked around.
Oh yeah I'm Josuke's... I could totally snoop around his room...
Nah.

I walked over to my bag and grabbed a fresh shirt I had packed the night before and some deodorant and put them on. After I smelled decently fresh I went to the bathroom to take a quick whiz.

The counter top was covered with various hair gels and beauty products, with a few rags and hair ties sprinkled throughout. Of course it made sense that Josuke wore makeup, I mean how else would his skin look that flawless. I finished up and washed my hands, and headed to the living room.

Josuke was still asleep on the couch, face down snoring with drool slowly falling out of his mouth. His hair was an undone greasy mess at this point but he still managed to look good. While I was shamelessly admiring my bro I saw his mom out of the corner of my eye. Walking towards the kitchen, where she was, I could smell the scent of bacon.
"Hi Ms. Higashikata!"
She turned around from the stove,
"Oh hi Okuyasu! I slipped in last night after you two went to sleep, judging by how hard Josuke is out I'm guessing I got here not too long after that,"
She said smiling.
"Anyway if you want to go wake him up I have some breakfast cooking for you boys!"
"Oh yeah sure."

I walked by into the living room where Josuke was still zonked out hard.
"Oi Josuke,"
I whispered, trying to keep my usually loud voice at bay so I didn't startle him.
He didn't wake up so I nudged him this time,
"Oi Josuke wake up man."
Still nothing.
Not knowing what else to do I gently shook him and quietly yelled,
"Josuke wake up!"
"hwhAH"
His hand shot up and slapped me across the face.
"Bro what the hell was that for?"
I yelled.
"OH! Jeez sorry man I was havin' a crazy dream and you startled me. Your face ok?"
I rubbed my cheek where he slapped me, it stung a little.
"Yeah man I'm fine, your mom's cookin' breakfast.
"Ah sweet I'm starving..."
He got up off the couch to head to the kitchen before stopping abruptly.
"Wait hold on I gotta take a piss."

After eating we headed to Josuke's room and tried to figure out what to do, It was already 10:27 am so the day was basically half way over.
"Well if we go out somewhere I gotta stop at home first, I forgot my wallet and I should probably check on dad"
I said, realizing I forgot to tell him I was going over to a friend's house (even if he didn't say much or particularly understand what I say I still talk to him and keep him filled in on everything).
"That's fine, we can head over there now and figure out what we wanna do after your done,"
Josuke replied, laying flat on his back while staring up at the ceiling.
"Yeah let's go."

We got up and slipped on our shoes, saying a quick goodbye to Ms.Higashikata as we left.
It was a really nice day outside, the sun was shining, there were minimal clouds, and a slight breeze.
As if he read my mind Josuke looked up and the sky,
"Man it's really nice out."
He thought for a moment.
"Oh! I know, we should go to the park! I mean it'd be a waste to stay inside all day with the weather this perfect y'know."
We had reached my house and I grabbed my house key out of my pocket.
"Yeah man that sounds nice, there's also that small icecream shop we could stop at on our way,"
I said, jingling the keys in the door and unlocking it.
"Yeah that sounds good."

We walked into my house, dark and dismal compared to Josuke's.
"You can chill here or whatever I won't be too long."
"Sure thing!"
He smiled at me as he plopped down on our raggedy old couch.
Huh. He has a nice smile...
I smiled back and headed upstairs to grab my wallet.
Once I got it I closed my door and headed over to dad's room, where I could hear faint blubbering.
I slowly opened the door and walked in.
"Hey dad! Sorry I didn't tell you I'd be gone last night..."
I rubbed the back of my neck, even though the creature that was my dad didn't really have any concept of anything, I still felt guilty.
I was only met with more soft blubbers, his eyes were mostly focused on that old picture of all of us.
Not wanting to take up too much time I headed towards the door,
"I'm going out again with a friend, I'll be back tonight though."
He didn't move, he just sat there looking at that photo.