11

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

On the final day of the Inter-High tournament, Inarizaki and Itachiyama verse each other for first place. Both teams managed to win all their previous matches, making it to the finals.

You watched some of the Inarizaki's matches. Their team impressed you, especially their twin duo. The trust between them allowed for risky plays that wouldn't have worked if other players attempted it. Their ace and middle blocker also stood out to you. The one player you didn't notice, however, was their captain. You thought it was strange the captain wasn't on the starting line up, but the team still functions perfectly.

With only a couple minutes until the match starts, the players anxiously continue their warm up and drills. You wish them luck and try to relieve the nerves of the scared players.

Once the match starts, it's hard to take your eyes off of it. The intense plays and skillful playing was nerve-racking and thrill inducing. Finally, with a perfect set, Sakusa spikes the ball down, winning the match for Itachiyama. The crowd erupts in cheers, adding to the experience.

You watch the team celebrate their win and shake hands with their competitors. When they finish enjoying themselves on court, you join their celebration and congratulate the players.

Once the medal ceremony ends, the team heads outside to the common area of the gym to mingle with other teams.  After talking for awhile, the teams start to leave. You leave the common area and go back to where your team left their stuff. Most of it was already packed into the bus, but you went back to make sure nothing was left behind.

"There you are," a voice says, approaching you.

"Oh, Koya, it's you. You played really well today."

"Thank you," he replies, moving closer to you, "Anyways, do need help with anything?"

"I'm just looking around to see if we missed anything , if you could look around as well that would help,"

While you were talking with Koya, Sakusa was looking for you while simultaneously being annoyed by Atsumu.

"Cmon, let me meet her. She's single isn't she?" Atsumu complains.

"Just cause she's single doesn't mean you have to flirt with her," Sakusa snaps.

"No need to get so jealous. I was just teasing."

"I'm not jealous, I just wouldn't want her to be annoyed to death by you."

"Samu isn't dead so she can survive as well."

"I feel so sorry for your brother," Sakusa sympathizes.

"Okay, rude. But anyways, you tried distracting me, now lead the way to your manager. I'm gonna get her number."

"Once again, I'm not leading you anywhere. You tagged along. And second, you're not getting her number, I'm not gonna let you harass her, even if she's single-"

Sakusa's words cut off as he turns the corner. He sees you and Koya standing near the wall together. His hand is pressed against the wall near your face. From his point of view, Sakusa couldn't see the uncomfortableness you feel or your face, but he did see Koya.

Koya's face slightly turns to Sakusa and Atsumu's direction just so he could make eye contact with Sakusa. Once Koya's smug, green eyes meet Sakusa black eyes, he turns back to you and brings his face close to yours. Without you even realizing it, Koya kisses you. He slides his other hand around your waist while leaving his other on the wall.

Your eyes widen in shock once you register what is happening. You try pushing him off, or moving away, but he stopped you from doing that. Sakusa, who also stood in shock, recovers and leaves quickly without saying a word. Atsumu apologizes for interrupting and chases after Sakusa. Out of the corner of your eye, you notice a bright yellow tracksuit and curly, black hair.

With them gone, Koya pulls away from you and takes in your shocked face. He quickly moves his hand from the wall to your face and smirks, "Be my girl."

"No," you spit back at him, finally able to move away from his grasp, "How dare you kiss me, you didn't even ask."

"You clearly wanted it. I was just giving you what you wanted. I've seen the way you've been looking at me since you and Sakusa stopped talking. It's obvious you're looking for someone, and I've been so nice to you, like you might as well just do it."

Anger, stronger then from your fight from Sakusa, bubbles up inside of you. The audacity and entitlement Koya felt enraged you. Finally Sakusa and Komori's dislike made sense, you just wished they would've told you what he did before this happened. You kick his crotch and slap his face then watch as his face distorts in pain. He holds his red cheek and crotch with his hands, as if that would help with the stinging ache he's feeling.

"You bitch," he sneers.

"You're the bitch."

You turn to walk away from him, but remember the forgotten stuff you came here to get. You turn back around, grab the stuff, then slap Koya's face one more time.

"Don't ever come near me again."

You walk away from him, leaving him alone, and head for the bus. When you get there, you notice a certain spiker sitting by himself. You take a seat beside him when you remember that he saw Koya kissing you. He doesn't object to you sitting beside him, and continues looking out the window.

When everyone gets on the bus, one last check is done before the driver departs for Itachiyama. During this time, the rest of the team lively enjoyed their win and freely conversed with each other. You and Sakusa, however, continued sitting in silence, not even looking at each other. Sometimes the bus would jostle around, causing either yours or Sakusa's leg to touch the other person's. When that would happen, neither of you would move your leg, allowing them to gently touch.

Majority of the drive back was done, but neither of you spoke a single word to each other. Finally you decided you would say something about what Sakusa saw. You didn't want him to be thinking such a grave misconception.

"I'm not dating Koya, I don't even like him," you whisper so only he could hear, "I just wanted you to know that."

Sakusa turns his head away from the window and faces you. His black eyes meet yours and for the first time since your fight, he completely acknowledges you. Learning the truth behind your feelings for Koya makes him feel like a massive weight on his heart is lifted.

"I didn't want to kiss him, he kinda just did it."

In his brain, Sakusa thought about how he warned you, and how you should've listened to him, but instead of rubbing that in, he says something different. He realizes that what Koya did likely messed with you, and if he knew that Koya was kissing girls without consent he would've told you what was wrong with him right away. Since they don't talk anymore, Sakusa hasn't heard anything about what Koya is doing now. The last bad thing he heard about Koya was that he asked a girl for nudes then insulted her when she didn't agree to send.  Sakusa didn't want to tell you since he hoped Koya changed since then, especially since he was treating you with kindness and respect.

"I should've told you what Koya's actually like. All I did was vaguely attack the person you knew positively," Sakusa apologizes, "Now you had to learn the truth in a horrible way."

"It's okay now. I guess. I slapped him twice so I feel a little better about it," you look down at the seat, then back at Sakusa, "Let's just enjoy the rest of the ride. We have more to talk about when we get back."