16

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

A week passes since you slapped Koya, for a second time. He ended up getting suspended from the team for two weeks, which makes you slightly happy that he didn't get away with what he said and did. But, thinking about Koya isn't useful anymore. You successful distanced yourself from him, and corrected the rumours circulating the school.

Your moment with Sakusa was also a week ago. Neither of you mentioned it afterwards, scared of what it would do to your friendship. You both continued like that never happened, but deep down, wished for something like it to happen again.

Currently, you're relaxing on your couch, watching your favourite show, ignoring your homework. Suddenly you get a call and pick it up.

"Are you busy?" the voice asks.

"No hello?"

"Fine, hi y/n, how has your day been."

"Thank you for asking Komori, it's been good. How has yours been? Oh, and I'm not busy right now."

"Okay, I'm trying to make a cake cause I really wanted cake but I couldn't force my sister to make it so I have to make it myself. But I don't know how to make a cake, and I haven't really baked before, so I was hoping you could help me?"

"I'm not sure how much help I would be, but I can try. I'll be over in a bit," you tell him.

"Ah, you're a life saver! You can have a nice, big slice of cake once it's done," Komori thanks you.

You hang up the phone and quickly change your clothes into something comfy. You leave a note for your parents just in case, and make sure your pet is okay before leaving.

The walk to Komori's house was short. You knock on the door and are greeted by Komori's stressed face.

"Why do you look so stressed? It can't be that bad."

"It's bad," he answers, letting you in.

He leads you to the kitchen and you take a look into the bowl. The batter was lumpy and extremely thick. It was hard to stir and almost resembled a dough.

"How did it get this bad?" you ask him.

"I think I added too much flour."

"Yea obviously. I don't think this is salvageable though. We can try baking it to see what happens."

"Nah, we can just toss it. It's mostly just flour and eggs anyways."

"Eggs and flour?" you question, "What type of cake are you trying to make?"

"A sponge cake ."

"I can't help you with a sponge cake? I thought you just wanted to make like a simple cake or something. Why would you deal with a meringue when you suck at baking."

"I wanted to try making those roll cakes, and you typically do a sponge cake for it."

"Okay, okay, whatever now. We'll start it again, where's the recipe?" you ask him.

You both try to take out the monstrosity Komori made from the mixing bowl. After ten minutes, the bowl is finally ready to be used again. You then look at the recipe and learn the steps. The hardest part of this recipe is making the meringue and ensuring it doesn't deflate when you mix it into the batter. Komori failed at both making the meringue, and mixing it in, so you try to make it yourself.

You place the egg whites into a bowl and use the stand mixer to whip them. While you work on the meringue, Komori handles the rest of the batter.

As you both focus on your own components. Komori's younger sister opens the front door and let her cousin in. Neither you nor Komori notice until they're both standing at the entrance to the kitchen.