CH:1

The sky was a shade of gold which made the white walls look like it was made of gold, the weather seemed great but I wasn't happy... I had everything I needed yet, it felt like I had nothing... I was in the delusion that money was everything I ever needed but I was sorely wrong even tho I could get anything and everything I wanted... It just didn't make me happy. It felt like my life was a broken record playing the same scenario on repeat. There was no point in living a life like that...

I wanted to break this cycle of nothingness. So I thought that maybe if I could find someone that I can have for myself, someone that cared for me, loved me, and made me happy. Maybe that would solve all my problems but I was proven wrong. Being in a relationship wasn't easy. Love wasn't easy. When I gave too much they left me. When I didn't do anything they left. Some seemed to love my money more than me… There was this one girl that seemed like a perfect match for me but she left me because I wasn't romantic enough and didn't spend time with her, that's the reason she gave me when she left me. To say I was heartbroken was an understatement.

Later I found out that she got married and what she said to me was just an excuse to get rid of me. I felt like shit but I was over it.

An unsettling feeling took over me. The memories I tried forgetting came back to me. I should have got over these feelings along time ago but I couldn't... My very first love, the one that stole my heart like a thief in the night, so slowly and swiftly that I didn't notice how much I actually like him and when I did it was too late...Let's just forget about this. I just didn't want to love anyone anymore I am at my limits but... my mom kept sending me pictures of girls every day. I usually just rejected them without even looking at their pictures. I didn't want to go through the same things again. I wanted a break free from this ongoing cycle.

Suddenly the buzz in my pants awakened me from my thoughts. I picked the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey, It's been a while since we spoke. Everything alright?"

My mood lightened a bit when I heard his voice. He seems to be in a good mood, I didn't want to ruin it by telling him my problem even though I know it would be better if I did so.

" Yeah…"

"You don't sound like you're alright...Is something bothering you….Work stress?"

It was crazy how he knew exactly how I was feeling.

"Yeah, a little-"

"Can't hold back anymore~

Let it go~"

I chuckled at the cute voice singing 'let it go'. I couldn't help but smile.

"She loves that song, doesn't she?"

I chuckle finding it cute and so did Jaden. These guys were the only ones that brought any color to my monotone life.

We spoke for a while, Jaden seemed happy, and that in a way made me happy. He had changed a lot. He was like a paranoid mother always worrying about me and checking on me. He was the best person to enter my life. I hope I find someone as caring as him.

I loved him a lot but I knew that I wasn't meant to be with him because he already had Eric in his heart.

"Babe where is my phone~"

"It's in the drawer."

"Oh got it thanks, babe."

I could hear Eric in the background. Eric and Jaden were a perfect match for each other, which made me envy them. They had the happy family that I wished for. I didn't want to accept this but somewhere in my heart, I wished to be in Eric's place but I shrugged it off since I knew that couldn't be possible...

I remember Jaden's wedding, the best day of his life but the worst day of my life. It was hard to watch the one you love with someone else. I was gonna leave the venue but Cassandra stopped me. I was on the brink of crying but I held it in because I didn't want to ruin the mood so I kept smiling. In my heart, I knew that I had no chance against Eric. So I decided to let him go for good that day.

I did try confessing my feelings towards him but when I saw him looking at Eric with that smile on his face the one he never had when he was with me, at that point I knew that  I didn't have a chance from the beginning.

In a way, I am glad that I didn't. At least we could be friends and not strangers.

~•In the restaurant•~

"Excuse me."

The beautiful waitress with brown hair turned to look at the person calling for her. She was very pretty just like a doll. The people around her couldn't take their eyes off her beauty.

The person that called for her was so mesmerized by her that he couldn't speak to her at all so Emilio sighed and helped him place the order. She seemed kind-spoken and gentle. Something about her sparked Emilio's interest. Emilio observed her keenly. Every movement she made. drew his attention. He wanted to know more about her but he didn't want to get hurt again so he gave up. 

•••••

The beautiful waitress was about to leave when a drunk old guy approaches her. 

"Come on baby come with daddy, I'll pay you as much as you want."

He gives her a creepy smile as he grabs the girl's hand and she looks at him in disgust. She was confused and she swats his hand away. His smile turns into a frown.

"You stupid bitch. How dare you!"

He raises his hand to slap her as she shuts her eyes ready for the impact but she didn't feel it. The girl opened her eyes to find a tall man holding back the creepy guy.

"How dare you come in between me and my girlfriend!"

The girl was surprised by how delusional this guy was.

"What… that's not true. I am not his girlfriend! Mister help me he is harassing me."

She hides behind the tall man.

"You fucking bit-"

He couldn't complete his sentence as he got punched by the tall man.

"Watch your mouth you freak, Don't you ever dare come anywhere near her. I'll fucking kill you." He gave the guy a death glare. The guy was scared, he had peed his pants.

"Now fuck off!"

The tall guy screamed in a threatening voice. He runs away stumbling in his way. The guy looks at the girl with a synaptic look.

"You okay?".

"Yeah am fine. Thanks for the help." 

She said, smiling a small blush crept on the tall guy's face.

" No problem, I am Emilio and. Uh… this is my number if he ever troubles you again call me."

He lends her his business card. She accepts.

" Thank you so much for the help Emilio….I am Skye. ".

"That's a cute name. Do you want me to reach you at the bus stop?".

He asked kindly.

"Umm it's fine I don't want to trouble you with that." 

"No, it's fine I have to go to the bus stop either way."

"Oh okay."

They walked to the bus stop as Skye got onto the bus Emilio waved her goodbye.

"Take care!"

He shouted, Skye, could help but chuckle.

"You too."

She shouted back which made Emilio smile as he went back to the parking back to his car.

_____________________________

•||Vote| Comment|Follow||•

_____________________________