CH:3

Emilio’s POV

My house seemed different, my room and desk were organized for quite a while now and this was because of Skye.

It has been a week since she started working in my mansion, surprisingly she was also able to manage her other jobs while she worked for me.

That poor thing was doing her best to payoff her debt. I could see the tiredness written all over her beautiful smiling face. I did try offering her to work full time for me but she couldn't abandon her current job without a notice.

To be honest, I didn't hire her to work for me, I just wanted to help her pay off her debt but I couldn't directly offer it to her cause given her personality she would decline the offer. I hope the money she gets will be enough to pay off her debts.

••••••••••

I was lying on my bed waiting for her to wake me up since I had that listed that in the contract. I heard the doorknob jiggle as I pretended to sleep. She opens the door as she enters my room I could feel her walking towards me. She slightly nudges me 

"Your morning coffee is ready, please wake up."

She says sweetly my brain went on an adrenaline rush with happiness. My body was creating a huge amount of dopamine in my system but I need to act as if I just got up.  

I opened my eyes to see her adorable smile which always makes my day. 

"Good morning."

She says sweetly. My heart raced as if it was about to explode. 

" Good morning…"

I say in a raspy voice.

"Your bath water is also ready, so you can freshen up. Call me if you need anything. I'll be downstairs."

She bows as she leaves. I groaned as I blushed immensely. It feels like we were a married couple. The thought of it made me blush even harder. I  think I am going crazy.

I got up and freshened up,  took a warm bath, and changed into my suit. I went downstairs to have breakfast. Skye was washing the utensils. I took a seat at the dining table where my breakfast was.

"Here is your lunch, I have completed all tasks for today so I may take a leave."

She passes me the Tiffen as she smiles I smiled back. The food that Skye made was something else. I felt so lucky to have homemade food made by her every day.

"Thanks, have a nice day."

I say as I wave her goodbye. I was a little sad cause I wanted her to be by my side 24/7 but that wasn't possible, she was a busy person…

~~~~~•~~~~~

In the Evening

~~~~~•~~~~~

I returned from work. I saw her setting the dining table for dinner. I took a seat. 

"Did you have dinner?"

I asked her whether she was eating well or not.

"No, not as yet, I'll have once I reach home."

She smiles brightly.

"Then join me."

"But-"

"No buts, I feel lonely on this huge dining table."

"Okay, Thanks for the offer..."

She smiles and takes the seat as she says thanks for the meal. She prayed before she ate, I found it cute… Everything about it was cute. It felt nice to have someone to eat with because usual it was just me and my plate. This was good for a change. I wanted her by my side. I wanted to wake up in the morning besides her. I wanted to be with her. I can't keep myself feeling like this...I have to tell her before someone else does. The thought of it scares me to death and in a fit I panic I blurted out.

"Hey Skye, I wanted to tell you something."

"Yes, please go on."

"I don't know how to say this but I think I have feelings for you.."

She stops eating 

"Feeling... what types of feelings?"

She looks at me in shock.

"I think I like you and I wanted to be with you…"

I couldn't read the expression on her face.

"I-I  am grateful for everything you've done for me but...I don't think it'll work out…"

"Why…?"

"Because I-"

She shuts her mouth because she could give me a reason. It broke my heart but this time I was ready for it. I knew she didn't like me but she didn't have to say it wouldn't work out without actually giving it a chance.

"I have my reasons… I think I should leave now."

She takes her plate and washes it as she tries to leave. I didn't know what to do anymore. I ask her if she wants me to drive her home but she declines. She didn't try making eye contact with me. I think I fucked up by telling her about my feelings…

_____________________________

•||Vote|Comment|Follow||•

_____________________________