✎001

"Emmy!"
I hear my dad shout from across the hall, I walk myself out my room closing the door with my backpack hanging from one shoulder with my binder in my other hand. I go at my own paste, taking my time since i'm not looking forward to any of my classes today.

"Yes dad?"
Walking into the kitchen watching my dad pouring boiling milk into his bowl of oatmeal, the smell of the milk and peach oatmeal mixing together fills the room up.

"Your grades came in for the first quarter and I have to say i'm impressed again, with that being said you can take the car to school"
My dad reaches for the car keys in the bowel next to the fridge, with his finger in the key ring waving the keys in my face, with a huge smile painted on his face.

I work hard for my grades and i'm lucky to have the trust bond I have with my father, currently taking 11th grade classes as a 10th grader having little to no stress. Who am I kidding? I'm stressing over how to get these credits for graduation. Hopefully a wonderful opportunity comes along.

Taking our spare car which should be mine but I yet haven't turned 16 for my permit. Lucky my dad trusts me driving to and from school, no exceptions.

I head out the car getting my stuff from the backseat, locking the doors with the control. I make my way to the front doors of West Valley High School, it's not to sunny outside more in the gloomy side. As I open the main gate i'm greeted by Sam, my childhood best friend.

"Hiya!" Sam reaches over for a quick hug, while I adjust my backpack on my shoulder.

"Hey sammy, how are you?" We both start walking up the stairs to our locker

"Well you know, woke up on the wrong side of the bed again" Sam let's out a sigh as she opens her locker to grab her books

"Oh no, what happened" I asked concerned

Sam begins to tell me about what's been going on with her love life taking a toll with her studies, she's been talking to some guy from the wrestling team. Which i'm no excited about since the wrestling boys tend to be jerks to everyone and anyone who crosses their paths.

"I understand this boy Kyler doesn't want to take it fast, but if this "talking stage" doesn't end soon...this fling will." I aware Sam as i'm opening up my locker

"You're right but enough about me Emmy, how about you ehhh" She shimmy's her chest with a smirk on her face

"What do you mean ahah" I let out a nervous laugh with a confused look

"Well you know...ugh don't act like I didn't see you and Demetri getting it on last weekend at the parlor" I shut my locker so quick.

My face goes blank, I can already feel myself going red as a tomato. Whenever i'm nervous I get burning ache on my chest and it physically turns red..

"There is no point in lying Emmy, what's up with the two of you?" Sam always gets the answers she's looking for, doubt she would not get me to say the answer she was desperately seeking for.

"N-nothing I swear, him and I are just friends plus his friends are total knuckleheads" I laugh it off while i'm leaning my head on my locker

"Look i'm not a love expert but i'm no clueless either, I know you have a thing for Demitrj plus he's kinda cute" She gives me another smirk with her eyebrow raised.

"You're total bananas, let's get to class" we interlock arms and head off to our first period

Both of us have the same periods besides our free periods, english and math

We enter Chem and it's very quick period, Sam and I always finish our labs early. We get to leave class a bit early as usual, we head to the patio to relax a bit before our next period. Sam has Art while I have english, afterwards we meet up for lunch in the dinning area.