✎048

After pulling away from the parking lot following the cars in front of us. We drive for about a half an hour with the music playing quietly in the background as Eli hums or whispering the lyrics to himself.  I get a notification from the girls group chat.

There is no way on earth ima tell him anytime soon, if I physically can't. I believe I have the mental and emotional courage to tell him at least just the surface because neither do I know the full aspect of my feelings for Eli. It's hard to identify your feelings for a guy who upholds his reputation off a mohawk..despite it being red, has had a world tour with every girl in our grade. Even Libby the obsessive praying girl, but no surprise Libby was too much of a saint to let Eli the sinner near her.

"What are you thinking about up there Mia" Eli says with a sorta beat and rhythm in the sentence while he quickly looks at me and his eyes go back to the road

I shrug my shoulders in response crossing my arms tighter and looking out the window snowed down rocks and trees. Mid-frozen creeks and streams, we have been going down in a circle going down the mountain so I had the inside view while Eli had the cliff view.

"What? Do you want to tell me something? That little face of yours looks like it's dying to tell me something?" Eli teases while he laughs turning his stirring wheel with one hand while the other rests on the door...he's insanely hot without even trying.

I nod my head ignoring his jokes and whatnot but in reality he was getting into my head, was I really that obvious? Or does Eli have this wicked secret talent and can read minds..or is he just good at reading body language. Nevertheless Eli knew what exactly to do somehow, I start playing with my ring twisting it each and every way switching it up every few seconds. I tried to keep it on the low while still keeping an eye out on the view. Rather than paying attention to Eli and giving him what he's seeking for.

"I'm serious your face looks like you want to say something but just can't for some odd reason" Eli squints his eyes as if he's asking a trick question

I adjust my body and keep ignoring him since I don't know if he's joking, reading me, or has secret super powers.

Eli let's out a big sigh and speeds going on the opposite side of the road, passing a few cars that cut us a little before. My eyes widen at the fact that I don't know what he's thinking or what he's exactly doing any of this for.

After I sit up right and Eli keeps speeding I hold on tightly to the handle on the door. When Eli makes a huge turn pulling into a small parking space in front of a family convenient store.

Eli gets out the car as if he's mad huffing his way to the store opening the door harsh. As I wait in the car Eli comes out with black store bag with something in it. Eli opens the door and gets in smoothly facing me handing me the bag. I decide to face him, I grab the bag he hands me as I  look inside it's a glass bottle lemonade and Coke laying down.

"Buy it from me" Eli says desperately

I turn my head a bit sideways looking at him confused at what he said

"We haven't talked in hours and I miss your voice" Eli says his sentence while quieting down as he's about to finish

"And I really want to know what the hell is going on in that head of yours" Eli adds on from what he was just saying just now

I take a deep breath and reach for my bag which has a 2 dollar bill laying down somewhere. I take a peek at Eli who is smiling from ear to ear while i'm looking through my bag for the bill. I finally find it and grab it handing it to Eli.

I take a deep breath before saying my first words in hours..."Hi"

"Hey" Eli says in a breathy voice, which in reality is the sound of relief hearing my much wanted voice for some odd reason

Eli grabs the bill and the bag back from my lap and gets his keys which has a bottle cap opener and pops open both of our drinks, and hands me my lemonade.

"Cheers" Eli tilts his drink to mine

"Bottoms up" I smile  while our glasses clink

"So what's up" Eli takes a sip from his drink raising his glass soda

This is the moment where my pool of thoughts slowly turns into a river then to an ocean causing this huge tsunami of emotions flooding a city...As known as my mind. That smirk of his gets me every time, any word he says my stomach starts rolling every which way it possibly can.

"Nothing" I shake my head denying every thought bottling it up and shipping away

"Your body says otherwise" Eli starts the car up

"W-What's that supposed to mean" I buckle up my seat belt 

"It's just the way you move, plus your face says everything I need to know" I called it, Eli Moskowitz has superpowers that I may have just discovered

"Look at you now for instance...you're stuck in your own head" Eli pulls out the tiny parking space back onto the small road

"So how was Brucks story" Eli starts giggling under his breath

"God please no, don't get me started. I was so ready to just scream at the top of my lungs just for him to stop and take a breath" I started laughing

"I swear I saw his face turn red because he wouldn't stop to take a breath" Eli jokes around

"Right" I laugh it off taking my phone out my pocket

I take a huge sigh and ask "How much longer till we get home"

"Not much longer" Eli revvs his engine

——
awwwww weren't expecting that BOOYA

vote and comment if u enjoy LOL