Chapter 11

KYLIE

Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high, yeah yeah

Ughhh. 4:45 already??

"Shut up Wham!" I groan at my alarm, whacking at my phone, hoping to hit an off button.

I roll onto my side, slowly pushing myself up into a sitting position.

"Stupid flight being so early."

I walk over to my light switch, nearly tripping over one of my suitcases. 

Flipping the switch, the sudden burst of light into the dark room burns my eyes, and I scrunch them closed. "Stupid lights."

And then my phone starts ringing.

I peek open my eyes just enough to grab my phone and answer the call. "Yeah?"

"Hey cranky." The voice of my best friend says into my ear. "Hurry up I'm on my way over now. I'll be there in 30." There's a short pause. "Kylie did you hear me? In 30 minutes I'll be at your place an if you're not ready I'm leaving for LA without you."

"Yeah yeah ok Mom."

Rheana replies with a short "good", and then hangs up.

She could've at least said bye.

I roll my eyes at my responsibleish friend. But hey, someone's gotta keep me in line.

Throwing on the hoodie and joggers I set out last night, I head into the bathroom where I just put on some mascara and throw my hair into a messy bun.

I really don't care if some 40 year old man at the airport things I look bad. 

Unless he's Ian Somerhalder.

But anyway, I'll just change in the airport restroom when we land in LA before I go meet up with Zach.

Crapppp.

I forgot to tell Rheana I was going to meet up with him.

Eh, I'll tell her on the plane.

RHEANA

After hanging up from my call with Kylie, I rush outside to see my Uber waiting for me.

I throw my bags into the Uber outside of my house and hop into the backseat, giving the driver the address to Kylie's apartment complex.

Oh Lord help her be ready.

I swear that girl is never on time for anything. 

I tried calling Josh earlier this morning but he never picked up. He was probably just sleeping in later though. 

I'm pretty sure he said something about having a later shift tonight anyway. 

5:15

The Uber pulls up to the curb of the apartment complex and I see the figure of my best friend struggling to carry all of her luggage.

I roll my eyes and sigh. "Could you wait here please?" I ask the driver.

She smiles at me and nods her head, taking her hands off the steering wheel and pulling her phone out of the phone holder.

Getting out of the Uber, I jog over to where Kylie is, and she looks up at me sheepishly. 

"Do you really need all these suitcases?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow.

Kylie shrugs. "Hey, at least I'm on time."

"Barely." I roll my eyes at her and grab a couple of her bags and a suitcase. "Come on. The Uber's waiting."