Chapter 2

Messages: Kylie and Jonah 

K: Jonah I'm bored

J: And?

K: Fix ittttttt

J: How????

J: I'm on the other side of the country dumbass

K: Why did you have to mooooovvvveeeee??? 

J: So I could follow my biggest dream ever!

J: Do you expect me to just not take the chance when I get it?

K: You left me behind

K: Your best friend

J: ik and I'm sorry

J: But the band is my family now

K: Damn harsh

J: Ky come on. You know that you are just as important

K: Whatever

Kylie

My phone shows that I get a text from Zach, and I debate whether to tell him or not.

Nah. There's no need for him to get all protective and act like my dad.

I go back to texting Jonah.

Messages: Kylie and Jonah

K: Ok I gtg

K: Bye Jojo!

J: Bye Ky!

(Read)

I miss Jonah so much. He's been my best friend since 7th grade, and now that he moved to LA to get famous, I've felt pretty lonely without him even though my other best friend, Rheana, is still here in Stillwater with me.

Sighing to myself, I go back to my phone to read the messages from Zach, who appears to be spamming my phone.

Messages: Kylie and Zach 

Z: Kylie

Z: Kylie

Z: K

Z: Y

Z: L

Z: I

Z: E

K: Oml Zach what

Z: Hi

K: Ima slap you

Z: NOOOOOO

Z: IT WAS A JOKE

K: Gosh chill i was kidding

Z: Oh

Z: And you couldn't anyway bc I'm however many miles away 😝

K: Believe me, if I wanted to, I would 

I send a ridiculous selfie because, why not?

Z: Dayummmm

K: Am I that ugly?

Z: Wtf have you seen yourself????

Z: You are BEAUTIFUL 

K: Aw thanks, but not really

Z: I'm not gonna bother arguing with you right now. But I know the truth and that's what matters

K: *rolls eyes* yeah ok

K: I'm going out for a run now 

K: Bye Zachy! 

Z: wtf is that name? And who runs these days?

Z: Oh well, bye Kyky! 

(Read)

Rolling my eyes again, I turn off my phone and go to my room to get changed for my run. Zach may be right about running being stupid, but it helps me relieve stress and anxiety.

I'm about to tie my shoelaces when my phone starts ringing, playing my favorite verse of one of Jonah's bands songs.

You know me the best                                                                                                               you know my worst see me hurt but you don't judge,                                                that right there is the scariest feeling

Knowing right away that it's Jonah, I pick up without even checking the caller ID.

  "Hey Jojo! I'm about to go on a run so I might be breathing hard while we're talking." I put my armband phone holder thingy on my bicep, grab my lanyard, and head out my apartment door, locking it behind me.

"Hey Ky! I had a great idea after we stopped texting a couple of minutes ago." Jonah sounds so excited it starts to rub off on me.

"Omygosh WHAT!" Smiling, I turn a corner as I run. Talking with my friends and running have to be some of my favorite things to do, considering I always feel calm and refreshed after.

Jonah laughs through the phone "Gosh, Ky, your so excited and you don't even know what it is yet!"

"Yeah, yeah, now get to the point!" At this point I'm starting to get frustrated with him because he won't JUST TELL ME. 

"Gosh calm down or I might change my mind! You have to promise you won't scream or start crying once I tell you though. Can you do that Kylie?" God, Jonah sounds like such a dad sometimes. 

"Yes I can. Now can you just frikin TELL ME ALREADY!" I stop and sit down on a bench in the park I usually take my runs in. "I'm switching to FaceTime so you can see how calm I am ok?" 

"Ok fine." He replies as I take my phone out of my arm band and switch to FaceTime. I open it and see his smiling face looking at me through my phone and I can't help but smile.

"So what is this important thingy that you have to tell me about?" I say as calmly as I can so that he actually will tell me.

Smirking, he says "I can tell you're trying REALLY hard not to scream at me, so I think I'm just gonna make you wait even longer." He winks and hangs up on me.

Shocked, I sit there in the middle of the park baffled at what just happened.

He did not just- I am going to kill him.

I grab my phone and call him at least 10 times, each time he declines and it goes to voicemail.

Hey, you've reached Jonah Marais, I'm too busy living my dream right now, but I'll call you back if you leave a message.

Eventually I just leave a message, and well, let's just say it consisted of a lot of screaming.