Chapter 10

Kylie

"Home sweet home"

Asher unlocks the door before holding it open for me. We walk in, and Asher locks the door behind us. 

I look around at the entryway, which was surprisingly neat, considering a 20 year old boy lives here. 

Ash walks down the hall and stops suddenly in a doorway with a frown. I quickly follow and look over his shoulder into what looks to be a den. Another boy is lounging on the couch, wearing a headset and playing what looks to be the newest COD game. A discarded empty bag of Cheeto Puffs lays a few feet away from the boy's toes. 

Handing me the bag of Chipotle, Asher shoots me an apologetic look and whispers "I'll be back in a second". 

He walks into another room, and I'm stuck standing awkwardly in the doorway watching some guy I don't know play Call of Duty. Which, come to think of it, he's actually doing really well. 

It only takes a few seconds for me to be almost as absorbed in the game as the mystery boy is. I barely recognize any time has passed, when Ash comes back into the room with a bucket full  of ice and water, and a mischievous grin on his face. 

He looks back at me and lifts a single finger to his lips, signaling me not make any noise.

Realizing what he plans to do, I suppress a laugh and lean back to watch the show. 

Ash sits with the bucket prepared to dump for a few seconds, making sure Mystery Boy is still oblivious, before suddenly dumping the bucket directly down his back. 

"OH MY GOD ASHER WHAT THE HELL MAN??!!" screams Mystery Boy, while leaping up and screaming like a child, dancing around the room, ripping off his headset and struggling to rip the soaking white tshirt off of his body. 

At this point Ash is doubled over with laugher, his ginger hair shaking with each laugh. I'm also laughing pretty hard, shielding the noise with my hand against my mouth.

Finally, Mystery Boy succeeds at taking the wet shirt off. He glares at Ash while opening his mouth, about to yell at him, when he realizes I'm standing in the doorway. 

Mystery Boy's eyes widen, before glancing at his bare abs and running his hands quickly through his messy hair. "Oh-"

I do a quick look over of the mystery boy, and see that he's wearing light gray sweatpants. His eyes are a deep chocolate color, his hair only a shade lighter. 

"Ash," he whispers loudly "there's a girl in the doorway," he glances at the bag in my hands, "and she has Chipotle." His British accent takes me by surprise, 

Ash laughs and walks back over to me. "That's for me and her. This is Kylie." He gestures to me before taking the chipotle back. 

Mystery Boy ruffles his hair again before replying. "Oh hi, I'm Tom. I'm uh- gonna go put a shirt on. And new pants." Tom ducks out of the room, disappearing though one of the vacant doorways. 

Asher frowns a little before laughing. "I think he likes you." He says to me. 

"NO SHES JUST REALLY PRETTY LEAVE ME ALONE" Tom shouts from where I'm assuming is his bedroom. 

I shake my head, slightly blushing. "I'm really not."

"You really are." Before giving me a chance to argue, Ash says "Now come on let's eat." He turns and walks back through the doorway and into the hall, with me following. We turn and enter a small kitchen area, where a table is set with 4 chairs. 

Ash pulls out a chair for me, and sits in the one across from it. 

"I didn't know you had a roommate." I say, sitting down and taking my burrito out of the bag.