Chapter 14

DANIEL

Ok. 

I can do it.

Today is the day.

After Zach told us about the girl he wants to meet up with, me and Corbyn made our plan, and then I headed back to my room.

I glance in my mirror, and fix a few awry strands of hair.

I'm going to message her.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and go to her Instagram page. I hesitate before tapping the DM button, a hundred tiny voices screaming in my head to back out, don't risk it. 

I push those voices away, listening to the one part telling me to shoot my shot.

But be careful Daniel, she's a fan and might just fangirl over you instead of try to get to know you.

The other voice sneaks inside, and I realize that's true. I need to be careful about how I do this.

I chew my bottom lip a little, debating what I should send.

After a minute I know exactly what to do.

I type out the message and hit send immediately. 

No time for regrets.

————————

IBIZA

My phone pings with a notification across the room, but who cares?

I'm comfortable.

My food is on my lap and my blanket is around my shoulders.

And My Hero Academia is on the tv.

I'm not about to get up.

Life is pretty good right now, if you stop thinking about the shit that's happening.

Yay me.

My phone pings a few more times and I groan, annoyed with life.

I carefully scoot my food off my lap and stand up, wrapping the blanket tighter around my shoulders, willing myself warm as I head over to the table where I discarded my phone.

I scroll through a few notifications, someone added me on snap, a few people sent me snaps, some random people liked a post, and I got a request to DM. 

I roll my eyes and turn off the sound of my notifications. 

I have no time to deal with this nonsense, and that DM is probably from one of those creepy 30 year old men trying to get me to marry them. 

Yeah hell no. 

Or who knows, maybe it could be a fan, but I'm too busy to be bothered with such things.

I mean I should really be writing something for work right now...

Yeah I'll get on that.

Bye!

Wait I'm not talking to anybody what the flippers am I doing.

————————

KYLIE

I'm nudged awake by the prodding elbow of my best friend, and it takes me a second to figure out where the hell I am.

Oh yeah.

I'm flying.

But we're going down.

My eyes widen.

OH MY GOD ARE WE CRASHING??

Why is no one freaking out but me??

Rheana gives me a strange look. "Ky, we're landing, you need to put your seat belt on."

I blink a few times, my half asleep brain still registering the information.

Oh my god I'm an idiot. Obviously we're landing not crashing. 

I mentally face palm before nodding my head and fastening the belt across my hips. 

"If you don't want me to come, I won't."

I look up at my best friend, surprised. Rheana usually doesn't back down from a decision. "Really?"

"Really. This is your friend, and I don't want to get in the way of you finally being able to meet him and have a good time."

I reach over and awkwardly give her a hug, our seatbelts restricting us and making the embrace uncomfortable. "Thank you." I say.

She hold up a finger and raises a perfect eyebrow, "but you will text me if anything feels wrong or off or just not ok in any way."

"Yes of course, we have our emergency word."

Our emergency word is fishsticks. We came up with it in freshman year, and we use it to tell the other that we need to get out of a situation, and immediately.

We haven't had to use it very often, and most of the time it was during classes when the teacher was boring us to death.

Specifically Mr. Drull's social studies class, he literally has a voice that could put you to sleep in 5 seconds.

I swear I got more sleep in that class than I did in my bed at night.

Rheana looks out the plane window and then looks back at me. "Jonah and one of his band mates will be meeting us at the airport, and I'll go with them to take our bags to the house. You can meet up with Zach for lunch as soon as we get the bags packed into Jonah's car. Do you want us to drop you off wherever or are you just gonna take an Uber from the airport?"

I think for a second. "I think I'll just help you guys pack up the car and then I'll take an Uber to Chipotle and just take another Uber back. Make sure to text me the address of the house though so I know what to tell the driver."

My best friend smiles at me, her dark eyes shining. "Yeah for sure. I'm so excited to finally see Jonah again!"

I smile in return. "Me too! It's seriously been way too long since I've actually been able to talk to him face to face instead of texting or FaceTime. Also I haven't had a chance to actually meet his band mates, maybe one of them is hella hot." I smirk a little, I've been single for years, there's no way a huge pop star would want me. 

Rheana rolls her eyes at me. "Looks aren't everything you know, the personality is the most important part of any guy."

"Because Josh has such a great personality." I say sarcastically.

"He does! And he cares for me more than anyone else has. He might be a bit closed off sometimes and gets snippy, but he's a great person."

"Ok fine." I drop the subject of Josh, for now. I've never really liked him all that much. But that might just be because has the sense of humor as a toad.

As long as he makes Rheana happy, I approve of the relationship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys I actually updated sooner than usual!!

I'm proud of myself

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and if you did please vote and comment!

have a great rest of your day or night!

I love you all!!