Chapter 5: Tribulation

Josie

I didn't know what was happening. I was paralyzed in her hold. Her hands locked on my arms. Her knee pressed in between my legs as she looked closely at me. Her blue eyes were the only thing I could focus on. I swallowed everything I had inside my mouth. Fuck did I really have to eat hot Cheetos I mentally cussed myself. I didn't expect to be this close to anyone. Especially... I took a closer look, taking in her features. She had auburn hair and blue eyes. A bit pale and a smirk that made one submit.

"Hope" I said still looking at her. "You look really adorable right now... and I bet the rest of you is too" I smirked. I had to thank the alcohol for this new courage cause I knew full well I was never going to be able to say these things. Hope looked away clearing her throat a bit. It was faint but I was able to make out some shade of red on her cheek. "Are you... blushing?" I laughed.

"What, no"

"Did I get the ever-stoic, hardcore, total bass ass Hope Mikaelson to blush?" I tapped her cheek pointing at the warm red spot on her face.

"No... it's... it's the cold"

"Huh. It's the cold. And not that I told you 'your face is freaking adorable and I bet the rest of you is too'?" I wrapped my arms around her neck. I was really enjoying this game. Maybe I didn't have to fight her to know her everything about her. As long as I had contact I could see everything she was holding.

"No" hopes voice cracked as her blush was getting redder. "You know my name but I don't know yours. It's a little unfair don't you think" Hope cleared her throat trying to regain her composure.

"Josie, Josie Saltzman. Witch" I smiled as I crossed my arms over my chest resting my back on the tree that I was no longer pinned to.

"Josie... a beautiful name." She walked closer still looking me in the eye. "So tell me beautiful what spell did you use to bind me" she smirked.

"Spell. I didn't cast any spell on you" I raised a brow now confused. "This is the first time I met you so how could I cast a spell on you?"

"Right of course. Forgive me it's just, something about you is so alluring." Hope nodded her head back away. "Here give me your hand" she reached out.

"No?" I asked more in the form of a questioned.

"Look I'm not asking you to marry me. I'm trying to save your life! If they find you lurking here they're going to take you to the ring"

"And that's a problem how" I hissed.

"I just don't want you to get hurt." She shouted.

"But you don't even know me. I can take care of myself" I began to stand my ground. Hope began to look around as if she was waiting for whatever it was that was approaching. She quickly carried me bridle style and took me to the top of the tree, hugging me close as she covered my mouth. We both looked down and noticed two men walking around. They didn't seem to notice. It took them about a minute or two, moving away from the lonely tree to head to the ring. My heart was beating faster, as my body began to tremble. Those were two alphas from the other side of town. They loved to hunt and kill the weak for sport. I had my fair share of run in with the two. They were pissed of when I rejected them and ever since then they tried to make my life a living hell. It was no lie I was terrified. And Hope felt it as she hugged me closer.