Chapter 11: The Fang of Penitence.

Josie

I stopped for a minute inspecting Hopes body. She was pierced with an arrow through the heart. I saw it. She was supposed to be dead. No she did die. Which meant her vampire side was now activated.

I saw them... her eyes had a blood-red glow and fang protruding past her lips. I can see it in her eyes. The urge to feed. She needed to or else she would go crazy.

"It's going to be okay Hope. I am not afraid of you. No matter what I'll stay by your side. I won't leave you"

"But you don't even know me"

"And you don't know me. which mean we have time to get to know each other." I grabbed her hand and pull her towards me "this is the only thing I can do for you."

"Josie what are you saying?" I turn Hope around and pin her to the tree. Both of us slowly dropping towards the ground.

"Hope drink my blood. It will ease the pain... even if it's just for now." I hid my face in Hope chest. I didn't know what else to do. If I didn't do this she will start to rampage. Kill everyone just for blood.

"Josie I can't. I'll never forgive myself If I hurt you" hopes voice was shaky, hesitant.

"I know what I'm doing. I'm sorry Hope" I lifted my head up to look into her eyes. Still red and veins appeared under her eyes. I tilted my head as I removed my hair away from it. She was struggling to lean into my neck. Fighting herself to do or not. I felt her warm breath ticking the side of my neck. She kissed it a few times. Then a stinging sensation send shivers down my spine. I heard her sucking the blood from me, drinking it like she was dying of thirst. I couldn't help but tighten my grip on Hopes back at the feeling becoming less painful yet more intimate.

Once she finally pulled back she sat up against the tree. She looked better. I wiped the blood that was running down her lips with my thumb; she licked it as I brought it closer to her lips.

"This is... really shameful." She reached her hand trying to wipe the blood from neck with her sleeve. She bit her wrist and brought it closer to me. "Here my blood will help you heal"

"I can use magic" I say

"Just take my blood. Blood for blood. This could be our blood bond or oath to this soulmate thing" Hope said quietly unsure of what else to say. I nod and pull her arm to my mouth. The copper flavor was horrible but it did heal my neck.

"Even if I don't want to hurt anyone. I can't stop this craving for blood." Hope looked down ashamed of herself.

"I'll help you get through this. Even if you refuse, even if you hate me for it. I will help as many times as necessary." Once those words leave my mouth her eyes turn back to the beautiful ocean blue.

"How could I ever hate you" she whispered.

"Huh?"

"Are you alright." Hope asked worryingly

"Huh? Oh yes, I'm okay. I don't even feel faint. Don't worry I'm fine." I get up once more and extend my hand towards Hope. She looks at me but then accepts it standing up as well. There was something we both knew, yet left unsaid.