Chapter 20: Belong With Her

Hope

I've never felt like this before. Dead but alive. Sort of. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how much impact Josie had on me, that just losing her made me feel... empty. I felt so lost and uncaring about everything around me. I wasn't feeling emotions, I didn't want to feel anything: not the hurt, the sorrow, the frustration, nothing. Josie wasn't with me, so why bother being happy. It won't feel the same. Nothing will ever feel the same. Not with out her. I belonged with her... Thats why, I wanted to Join her. I decided I'll see the beautiful night sky one last night and then stop breathing.

As I leave a trail of dead bodies behind me, sucking their blood, killing for just standing in my way. That was the closest thing to happiness that I felt. Some form of joy. Like Landon said, this was a war right. Killing is part of the death game, so why not do what the game was intended for. I stopped walking, looking up at the sky before turning my head seeing the dead students behind me.

My wrist watch beeped indicate that it was now 5:00 am. The sky was barley becoming visible as the area began to lighten up just a tiny bit. The once darken forest became blue and the forest mist lingered about. The freshly fallen snow that was pure white was now tainted with red crimson liquid. It reminded me of Josie. I let out a heavy sigh before continuing the journey wiping the blood from the side of my mouth with my sleeve.

I heard a snap of a few twigs focusing on the direction it came in. I turn my head left to see the demon born Raiden De La Cruz leaning against a tree, arms cross with the worlds shit eating grin. God I hated her. I hated her with ever fiber of my body. I thought she died when the witches attacked us when we landed here but sadly that wasn't that case. I wanted her neck in my hands. I wanted to drain her of every drop of blood in her body. I wanted her dead. I wanted everyone dead. Maybe, she can do the job for me.

My eyes shift to red and I slowly began to walk towards her. She doesn't move. In fact she basically welcomes me with her own pair of red eyes.

"I see you're still alive" she chuckled a bit.

"I could say the same about you" I smirked causing her to cock a brow. She looked around for a bit.

"Where's Jo? I know you two were bound to end up together at some point" she asked curiously. My blood began to boil. "If you haven't found her maybe we could-"

"Leave her the fuck alone" I cut her off shouting. This time she did flinch.

"Like hell I am. I am her best friend there for it is my obligation to make sure she's okay!" She shouted slamming her fist into the palm of her hand.

"Apparently not that great of friends if she chose me instead of you. Now I won't ask you again, leave Josie alone. Don't go anywhere near her" I take a couple steps forward. "Don't even look for her. Because I will never let you get close to her" I continue. I could tell Rai was getting mad. I saw it in her eyes, she was ready to kill. And lucky for her, I was more then ready to give her the satisfaction. I knew full well that the demon born was the only one who actually stood a chance at killing me. At this point I'd be happy with whatever outcome, be it me dying in her hands or me finally taking her life. Maybe the latter.

"You might of imprinted on her, you two might be so called soulmates whatever the fuck, but that gives you no right, to tell me to stay away from her" she pushed herself off the tree and began to walk towards me. Suddenly her once red eyes shifted to her ice blue and her face soften. No, that wasn't suppose to happen.

"I don't have time for this" I barked before turning around. But of course the demon bored was fast and she suddenly appeared in front of me. I gritted my teeth and punched her causing her to slide backwards a bit. The corner of her lip was now bleeding.