Chapter 16: With You

Hope

Josie and I were running through the icy forest, our feet sinking into the snow only slowed us down. I needed to get Josie as far away from my friends as possible. I didn't trust them around Josie, not after what I just heard with my own ears. I expected Landon to be mad... hell before we got teleported here he was begging me to take him back. After I turned him down he wasn't to happy about it. He swore he'd get me back no matter what it took, and killing Josie was high on his priority list at the moment. If only Lizzie kept her mouth shut. But I couldn't stop. Not now, not until I knew we were safe.

A pain struck my body like after an intense work out. My legs felt like noddles and my body wanted to give out onto the floor. I suddenly became dizzy, feeling myself falling. Yet, I didn't land on the hard ground. Instead Josie had caught me, landing on her back. My whole body became numb, heavy... paralyzed. Josie took me to a tree to sit me down. She quickly placed her neck in front of my face pulling her hair to the opposite side. "Hope you need to feed" Josie said concerned. Before I got a chance to dig my fangs into her neck we heard foots steps.

"23" a guy said as he chuckling mockingly. "Thats the number of chances I had to kill you." He pointed towards me. I felt it, something on my neck, a tiny tranquilizer. Josie quickly removed it tossing to the side. She got up to her feet shielding me from the attacker in front. "You two were completely open when you ran towards the cliff side. Exposed to everything around you... however you didn't pay attention to your own surrounding."

My body was in so much pain, I needed to hold it in. I didn't want to let Josie see me like this. Pathetic. That's how I felt in that moment. I saw Josie walking slowly towards the vampire, his eyes shifting to red smiling at Josie. I needed to calm down. If this was poison I needed to relax so it wouldn't spread any faster. I watched as Josie summoned her spell book. The energy around us became heavy, and I felt it. Scared. More scared then I ever felt in my life. I wanted to run, or hide, wanted to be away from here as my body began to tremble on its own. If I had to describe this feeling, bloodlust. Josies bloodlust as she extended her arm casting a fire spell. The vampire quickly ran but Josie was faster. She was able to knock the vampire off his feet onto the ground. Next thing, Josie swiped two fingers up into the air and a spike shot from below the ground piercing the vampire in his abdomen. She used earth magic without hesitation. She walked up to him mouthing a few words I couldn't understand before taking his relic, and running back to my side.

Josie slid onto the ground and tilted my head exposing my neck. I felt her warm lips on my neck as she attempted to suck the poison out. I knew this was a serious moment, but I couldn't help let out a moan. I enjoyed this feeling, the softness, yet the pull was rough. Josie pinched my arm to get me to focus.

"Here now it's your turn" Josie said leaning her neck to me. I grabbed the back of her head and pull her to me, my fangs jabbed into her neck. She let out a soft grunt. "His poison darts completely relax your muscles. The effect last ten days in a normal supernatural... but since you're a tribal the doses was even more. Could instantly stop your heart within a few minutes" Josie explained. As much as I tried to focus I was focused on my feeding making sure I didn't take to much.

I felt complete helpless at the moment. I got struck down while Josie was able to take on that vampire all on her own. And what was with that bloodlust. In some way I felt humiliated. How did I let this happen, let my guard down.

"You should rest a bit... it will take a while before your body recovers. With your super healing... half an hour. I'll keep watch" Josie took a deep breath finally having time to sit for a moment. She was tired but wasn't showing it. It seemed that we both didn't want to show each other our weakness, but we some how knew what the other was feeling. I placed my arms around her pulling her closer to me, letting her rest, and using my body as a cushion. Besides it gave me a chance to warm up her body. She was freezing.