Chapter 12: No Longer Clean.

Hope

I couldn't help the smile that crept on my face when Josie pressed her thumb to mine and said seal it with a kiss. I thought it was cute how she made the pinky promise; something unbreakable with one little sentence. Ive never done a pink promise before. Always thought it was the lamest childish thing anyone could do. But in that moment I wanted to do it. That small gesture held everything and I'd be damned to break it.

I looked down at my watch. 2 am. 4 hours until dawn. Josie was right. There were to many risks in the dark. No matter how tired and beat up our bodies were. We had to keep moving. Sleep wasn't on the schedule so continuing walking was the only thing to do. The one thing I hated was Lizzie and Penelope showing up around us. I know we said we would find each other but I didn't want to worry about them. I already had Josie to look after and adding 2 more bodies to the protective mix wasn't in my forte.

Maybe it was the way she took care of me. Maybe it was the way she talked to me like we've know each other for years. Or maybe it was that lack of love in her life that made her put up with me. I wasn't going to lie, when she told me about her crush on Raiden and how she left it up to chance between the two of us I couldn't help to be jealous. Jealous at the fact that she was interested in someone else, and jealous that she might of chosen her. But at the end she chose me. She saved me, and helped me in so many way. Maybe she wasn't so bad. Maybe.. I could get use to this.

"Look... the sky is clearing" Josie pointed out with the hand that wasn't holding mine. I looked up at the bright sky above up looking at awe. It was my first time seeing something so, Amazing. "In the heavens there is magic. Electrons cast from the sun bombard the earth. As they hit the atmosphere their energy turns into light. They illuminate the magnetic lines that arc around the poles. The auroras" Josie smiled excitedly as she explain the cause of the beautiful dancing lights in the sky.

"You really know a lot about the auroras" I said trying to keep her engaged into the conversation.

"I love the night sky and the best place to see the beautiful constellation is in the forest. Fun fact when you look at the stars you're actually looking into the past cause it take light years to reach us" Josie laughed as she realized she was becoming a nerd.

"Hmm i didn't know that. Tell me more about the stars" I smiled along at the sound of her voice. That's what we did for what seemed like a long time. Talk about the stars.

"Oh by the way here" Josies knocked a couple of apple off a tree with a rock, catching them as they fell. As she extended her hand I had an urge to feed. I smelled blood a few miles away and her wrist looked delicious. I grabbed her arm and licked her wrist causing Josie to get chills though out her body. Josie quickly pulled back grabbing her wrist.

"Hope, if you touch me without permission or get too close again, I'll be upset." Josie quickly stated. I could see it in her eyes how serious Josie was. I made a mental note that Josie hated to be touched with out her permission. But I didn't like the distance.

"It's your fault for distancing yourself the moment I said I wanted to be with you." I scoffed. "Are you mocking me?"

"It's because you keep doing stuff like this!"

"So I should ask for permission first?"

"That would help yes! If you refuse to give me my personal space, I can't be with you." Josie looked at me crossing her arms.

"How much space do I have to give you?" Hope asked rasing a brow.

"A few feet"

"Get real?" Hope shouted.