Chapter 9: Quidditch

"You ready to watch us beat some bloody Slythrins!" Fred said loudly as he appeared next to me at the breakfast table. "Like with your bat?" I asked before taking a bite of toast. "If it comes to it." George piped in appearing on the other side of me. "Just make sure it looks like an accident okay." I reply, causing them to laugh. The twins had to run after that but I knew I'd see them later. "What about you Harry? Are you ready for the game?" I ask with a kind smile. But he didn't seem to hear me, he was just twirling some of his breakfast on his plate. "Take a bite of toast mate." Ron piped up noticing that he wasn't eating. "He's right Harry, you're gonna need your strength today." Hermoine added.

"Im not hungry." Harry said with a shrug as Snape approached.

"Good luck today Potter. then again now that you have proven yourself against a troll a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you, even if it is against Slytherin." Snape said in his traditional dry tone before limping away.

"That explains the blood." Harry said as he watched our teacher leave. "Well that's omnius." I said with a smirk before taking another bite of toast. "Listen, last night i'm thinking Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three headed dog. But he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." Harry explained to the three of us. "There's a three headed dog?" I asked in disbelief, but apparently this was common knowledge to the other three because they just kept on talking.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermonie inquired

"The day I was at Gringotts Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults, said it was hogwarts business; very secret." Harry explained in a hushed voice.

"So you're saying..." Hermonie started but stopped, seeming to understand.

"That's what the dog's guarding, that's what Snape wants." Harry finished for her.

"Sorry i'm not in on the loop, but why were you hanging out with a cirbures dog?" I asked in a whisper. But before they could answer Hedwig dropped a giant package on the table in front of harry.

"But I never get mail?" Harry said in confusion as his owl flew off. "Maybe the Dursleys had a change of heart." I suggest causing Harry to laugh slightly.

"Let's open it!" Ron suggested before we all started untying it.

"It's a broomstick." Harry said with a smile, "That's not just a broomstick Harry, that's a Nimbus 2000." Ron said, making my eyes go wide. "Since when is there more than one kind of broom?" I asked myself, but I knew better than to say that outloud. "But who-" Harry said softly before looking over at Hedwig who was being pet by Mcgonigal. "Well I guess we know who Mcgoingals favorite is." I say with a teasing smile before messing up Harry's hair.

"Wini!" Harry winned as I retracted my had from his head

"You're about to go flying around a quiet field, it's gonna get messed up anyway." I defended with a smirk.

It wasn't until I was in the stands full of my fellow Gryffindors did I realize I knew nothing about quidditch. I had spent so much time trying to learn how to ride the broom; which I was only okay at now. That I totally forgot to pay attention to the actual rules of the game. Ron, Nevil, and Hermoine were all cheering as the players entered the field and started flying around. "What does the seeker do again?" I asked but no one heard me over the crowd. I never really got the chance to watch a lot of Quittage games, I got too caught up in my studies and experimenting to care. But based on the way my house was reacting I was pretty sure we were winning. But then I saw some older Slytherin take a bat from another guy and use it to hit a bludger right at Oliver Wood. "Is that not cheating?" I ask aloud as Wood drifted to the ground on his broom. But again no one answered me. "I guess this isn't really a sport you discuss." I mumbles as Slythrin scored on the now unguarded hoops.