Chapter 10: Dragon Egg

Christmas at Hogwarts was fun, Harry got an invisibility cloak and got up to no good, Got depressed after finding the Mirror of Erised that showed him his dead parents but got over it after Dumbldoor gave him a pep talk. I only know this because I got dragged along to see the mirror. And in case you were wondering I saw me and my brother having fun learning magic together. But back to the point, Harry got over his pre teen depression and enjoyed a Merry Christmas with Me and the Weasleys.

School had started up again and it was just as boring as it had been when we first started in the fall. "I hate being a first year." I groan loudly to the twins. They laughed and told me that I should try ageing with grace. If only they knew the half of it.

~

A few months later

The great hall erupted with laughter as Nevil came hopping in as though his knees had been tied together. Fred, George and I watched as Seamus stormed off after Nevil refused his help with the leg locker jinx, not wanting to be set a flame. "That's it!" Hermione said loudly clearly, having an eureka moment before running out of the great hall Harry and Ron not close behind. Leaving the poor jinxed Nevil to fall on his ass.

"Well that was eventful." I say with a shrug before getting to my feet. "I'll meet you too later, I'm gonna go see Rub- Hagride." I tell the twins with a smile before walking out of the great hall, undoing the leg locker charm in the process.

You see Hagride had wanted to show me something he had gotten, which typically meant he found, kidnapped, or hatched a dangerous creature that would probably kill him or get him fired if anyone found out about it.

"Rubeus i'm here!" I called from his front door. The familiar sound of heavy footsteps came towards the door and opened it. "Common Common get inside." he said practically dragging me into his house. "What did you find this time?" I asked with a knowing smirk. "How did you?"

"The last time you 'just had to show me something' was when you brough Aragog to Hogwarts." I state causing him to look kinda embarrassed. "Well- errr, just come look at this." He said pointing to the cauldron he had cooked over his fireplace. I looked into the black cauldron and my eyes went wide. "A DRA-" I tried to yell but my mouth was quickly muffled by Hagrids large mitted hand. "Not so loud, You're typically much calmer about this sorta thing." Hagrid commented. He was referring to when he showed me Aragog; a giant baby spider. I was super chill, spiders are chill unless they try to kill you. But this was different, this was a baby Dragon. I took a few steps away from the fireplace until I felt myself hit Hagrids belly. "Blhyme Wini, You're acting as though you've seen a ghost." Hagrid said before helping me to a chair. "I just don't like being near Dragons, they're very cool creatures but ..." I traill off  my eyes looking back at where the dragon egg was cooking. "I'm just not too fond of them" I say with a forced smile. "You're not gonna tell anyone are you?" Hagrid asked in a slight panic. "Calm down Rubeus, I won't tell a soul. For it is not my secret to tell." I say with a soft smile, but I do hope he finds a safer, and more suitable place to raise a dragon.

We both froze when we heard a knock on the door. "Blue." he whispered before going to the door. I quickly shifted into my Kneazle form and jumped up onto the back of the chair so I could see who was there.

"Hagride." Harry said, Ron and Hermione right behind him.

"Oh hello, No mean to be rude but I am in no fit state to entertain today-" Hagrid said before trying to close the door.

"We Know About The Philosopher's Stone." My Three classmates said in unison, their words causing Hagrid to sigh before pushing the door back open. "Oh."

"We think Snape is trying to steal it." Harry said as they all walked in the front door while I jumped behind the chair to avoid Hermione's eye.

"You're not still on about him are you? Hagrid said, purposely standing in front of the fire. "Hagrid, we know he's after the stone. We just don't know why" Harry claims. I could tell Hagrid was getting a little impatient. "Snape is one of the Teachers protecting the stone! He's not about to try and steal it." Hagrid said, causing a look of confusion to grow on the three first years faces. "Alright common now, I'm a bit preoccupied today." Hagrid said, trying to get them away from the dragon that would be hatching soon.