aaron hotchner and emily prentiss (criminal minds)

tw// blood and gunshots

CRIMINAL MINDS MAJOR SPOILERS

okay, you kept reading.

basically, hotch replaces morgan in emily's 'death' scene, but i am adding a little bit of spice :)

no, not that kind of spice you dirty minded children. i don't write that. 

also, this one is a lil short.

anyway, to the story.

prentiss!

prentiss, stay with me.

"hotch." derek morgan called out the agent's name.

"hm?" aaron hotchner looked up, and realized the entire team, with the exception of emily prentiss, whos whereabouts were unknown, was staring at him."'what?"

"did you hear what morgan said?" jj, aka jennifer jereau, asked, slight worry etched on her face.

"um... no."

"he said that we know where emily is."

hotch's eyes perked up to the sound of prentiss' name. "where?" he asked. well, more like demanded.

"here." tech genius penolepe garcia handed him a tablet with a gps signal pinpointed at the corner of two streets. a warehouse.

"thank you." hotch dropped the tablet on the table and abrupty turned and left the room.

"wait, hotch!" dr. spencer reid called after him. the rest of the team sighed and growned, because they knew there was no stopping agent aaron hotchner when he was on a mission. reid chased after him, even though he knew it was pointless. hotch ignored him and treaded on towards the front doors of the bau. he didn't realize reid was still following him.

"hotch." spencer called out. hotch kept walking and reached the elevators. he stopped in the grey box and clicked the 'door close' button as fast as he could.

"wait-" spencer spoke, but hotch never heard the end of his sentence as the doors closed. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

80 mph. 

that's how fast hotch was driving to the location.

that's how fast his heart felt like it was beating.

he only had one thing on his mind as he sped through the city:

prentiss.

as he drove, he remembered all the moments they had spent together. the short glances, the drinks after work, the hugs when meetings were adjourned. 

her laugh. her smile. her kind heart.

"oh come on, hotchy!" she would use his pet name when he was drunk.

he wanted to smile thinking about those times, but it only made him more sad. she wasn't with him, and that's what hurt. 

he drove past confused pedestrians, and realized his light wasn't on. he clicked the button and blue and red lights blinded him for a moment. 

90 mph.

right turn.

80 mph.

left turn.

80 mph.

70 mph.

60 mph.

50 mph.

40 mph.

30 mph.

20 mph.

10 mph.

0 mph.

he turned off the engine as fast as he could and threw the door open. pulling out his gun, he ran to the metal door of the warehouse and, without thinking, kicked it down morgan-style. 

darkness overtook his senses, but he regained composure quickly. his heart was beating louder and louder every second. blood was pumping through his ears. 

he heard some movement to his right, and turned to face him and his gun that way. "fbi!"

silence.

it was getting harder to breath. he felt like dying. he needed to find prentiss. 

movement to his left startled him a little bit. he turned to the respective side, and saw a light. a small lamp was illuminating the space. there was operating table. a person was on it. 

prentiss. 

"prentiss!" hotch yelled, pocketing his gun and rushing towards her.

prentiss' weak body turned a little to the sound of his voice. hotch reached her and stopped when he saw-

blood.

a lot of blood.

there was a wound in prentiss' side. it wasn't a small one. hotch immediately pressed his hands down on it, trying to cut off the gushing blood from her side.

"h-hotch." prentiss spoke weakly. she reached one semi-bloody hand to touch his face. 

"hey. it's okay. you're going to be okay." hotch reassured her. he pulled one hand off of her to press a button on the walkie-talkie on his shoulder. "i need an ambulance. now!" he put his hand back on her side.

"h-hotch." prentiss said again. "it's o-okay. d-don't worry. g-go. get out o-of here"

"no." hotch answered firmly. "i'm not leaving you."

"b-but, he'll c-come b-back-" prentiss protested.

"-and i will fight him if he does." hotch finished, and which prentiss laughed a little to.

"a-always valiant." she muttered.

"of course." hotch answered.

the light was leaving her eyes, and hotch saw that. "prentiss, i need you to keep talking to me, okay?"

"o-okay." prentiss answered, knowing the drill. "w-wait, h-hotch. i need t-to know."

"need to know what?"

"do... d-do you l-love me?"

"do i... prentiss, of course. you know i do."

"you n-never said it. never... n-never."

"now i am, okay. i love you, prentiss. i love you so goddamn much. you are the absolute love of my life and... and i can't l-live w-without you." hotch was crying now.

"h-hotch... really?"

"really."

prentiss was drifting, and hotch knew there was nothing left to do.

"h-hotch." prentiss muttered softly.

"yes?" he leaned in to her a little more to hear her.

"i... i l-love you t-too..." prentiss slurred her words a little as her final breath left her body.

hotch squeezed her hand, and silently laid his head on her shoulder and sobbed.

ambulance sirens sounded in the background, but they were too late.

emily prentiss was dead.

A/N:

OR WAS SHE...?

lmao i'm kidding.

well, not really. 

just watch the show.

i hope you liked it!!

request mis amores!!

:)