liam dunbar and theo reaken (teen wolf)

what're you doing?!

being the bait.

the hospital was eerily quiet, and both liam and theo thought that as they stood outside of the abandoned building. a cold wind blew around them, and they stepped inside the hospital.

theo had begun to shake, as liam analyzed the area. the hospital was completely abandoned and-

"theo?" liam placed his hand gently on theo's shoulder. the boy was silent, which wasn't normal. his hands were cold and shaking softly. "theo." liam repeated, more assertive this time. theo was still silent. he was looking deep into the hallway, almost as if he was seeing something that liam wasn't. 

theo's eyes were widening with time, when suddenly, he closed them. liam rubbed theo's shoulder in an effort to see if that would bring him back. it did, and theo opened his eyes. 

"hey, you okay?" liam asked. he was never this gentle with anyone, but he did care for theo in a different way. 

theo just nodded. "yeah. just... thought i was in a bad dream." liam nodded, understanding, and the two kept moving through the hallway.

the once loud, white-washed hallways were now grey and silent. both boys shuddered every time they heard the wind outside. 

they reached the second floor looking around for anything that might show that the ghost riders were here. 

"liam..." theo trailed off, turning down the next hallway. liam walked to his side, and saw a group of ghost riders facing them. there must've been at least ten. theo attempted to pull liam back and away, but liam was prepared to fight. he lunged at the ghost riders, and theo, after a moment, followed him reluctantly. 

the ghost riders saw the two coming towards them and pulled out their pistols. the fighting began. 

theo and liam split off, fighting seperate ghost riders. they both were doing quite well, until one rider caught theo off guard. the rider wrapped his lanky fingers around theo's neck and proceeded to cut off his air supply at the throat. theo attempted to fight back, but the rider was stronger and theo was loosing air. 

liam was nearby, and he saw theo slowly falling to the ground with each second. liam was fighting another ghost rider, and he turned the rider around, aimed his pistol at the rider that was choking theo, and shot. 

theo broke free as liam turned around and slashed the rider near him with his claws. liam rushed over to theo, who had risen to his feet.

they both stood silently for a moment, until theo raised his fist slighty for a "fist bump" gesture. liam was in the process of returning the gesture, when another group of ghost riders turned into the hall behind them. liam bared his claws, ready to fight, and theo rushed back to the elevator and hit the arrows as fast as possible. liam lunged at the riders, but theo ran forward and pulled him back towards the elevator. theo threw him into the small elevator. 

liam stood up and looked at theo.

"what're you doing?" he yelled.

"being the bait." theo responded, recalling an earlier conversation between the two of them.

"no!" liam exclaimed jumping to his feet and towards theo, but not before the door closed between the two. liam laid his head on the elevator to hear theo growling and yelling in pain as he went up against the riders.

liam grimaced at the sound and silently prayed that his so-called enemy would be okay. there was a small ding and the elevator doors opened. liam stepped out, keeping as quiet as possible.