sam wilson and bucky barnes (mcu)

don't leave me, sam!

tw// blood

(this is a dark turn on the finale of the falcon and the winter soldier)

the fight was raging on. the flagsmashers were up against the new captain america/the falcon and the winter soldier. bucky was throwing punches left and right with his vibranium arm, and sam was up in the air taking down the helicopters. 

karli dashed past bucky, and he bolted after her. sam finished off the rest of the flagsmashers in the area and followed bucky and karli into a warehouse.

karli threw the first punch, bucky blocked it and punched her back. she also dodged that one, and sam flew in to join the fight. 

it started off simple, but more flagsmashers came in, and it got a whole lot more complicated. 

bucky was trying his best, but sam was the one who was struggling. for bucky, it was super soldier vs. super soldier, but for sam, it was human vs. supersoldier. 

sam flew up, but was pulled back down by a flagsmasher who had a hold on his wings. the flagsmasher pinned him down to the floor and grabbed his wings. 

sam braced himself for what was going to happen. the flagsmasher ripped off sam's wings, john walker style. (A/N: sdkdflkdfjlkd sorry)

sam yelled out in pain, and bucky's head jerked in his direction. "sam!" a flagsmasher, seeing that bucky was distracted, knocked him down. the man that sam was fighting pulled out a knife, and raised it above sam, ready to stab him, but as he brought the knife down, sam rolled to the side and to his feet. 

the two fought until another flagsmasher joined them, and sam took both of them down. he turned around and abruptly froze. 

karli had a gun pointed at his head.

"karli, please. let's talk about this."

"no, i've had enough. sam-"

bang.

sam and karli both gasped. 

karli pulled the gun towards her and frantically checked the barrel. "no, no. there wasn't anything in there." she muttered. 

there were no bullets. 

karli hadn't pulled the trigger.

a flagsmasher came from behind a large box that was a few feet behind karli. his gun was cocked and loaded.

"no." karli gasped when she saw him. she turned back to sam. "sam..."

blood pooled from a wound in sam's stomach. he held it as tight at he could, but there was no use. the job was done. 

the flagsmasher who shot sam turned and ran. he gestured for karli to go with him, but she stayed rooted at the spot. 

footsteps came from behind sam.

"sam? sam, where's karli? i got the rest of them, but-" bucky froze when he saw sam facing karli in the middle of the warehouse. bucky ran towards karli in an attempt to fight her, but sam reached out a bloody hand and stopped him. 

"sam, what-" bucky protested, and then fell silent. "sam?" he stared at the the captain's bloody hand, frozen.

"sam."

sam looked at the super soldier, and collapsed in his arms. bucky caught him and laid him gingerly on the ground. 

"no, no, no. sam, hey, sam."